anyone else hyped about Hamlet!?

My main reason for Hype is that I'm hoping that hamlet is just like Shiprekt, a "new" game, I have so much fun with the difference of some things between normal Dont Starve and Shiprekt, the variation of some mobs and the addition of new ones too, different trees, different vegetation. I'm looking forward to all this new sense I had on Shiprekt again at Hamlet.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, im so excited, anxiety is a punishment :')

I think Hamlet will have a much healthier launch than Shipwrecked as well. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Shipwrecked and I still play it regularly, however upon launch it was still suffering from the bugs (thankfully mostly fixed). Unlike SW, however it really seems the Devs are taking their time with Hamlet to hopefully ensure an excellent user experience.

" Not sure just yet, we're hoping to have some new news in the next few months. Working hard on getting it ready to do a proper reveal. "

Klei exact response to a Twitter follower who asked about Hamlet. Two days ago.

On 4/19/2018 at 9:13 PM, Corazon said:

" Not sure just yet, we're hoping to have some new news in the next few months. Working hard on getting it ready to do a proper reveal. "

Klei exact response to a Twitter follower who asked about Hamlet. Two days ago.

Not to sound like a ******, but it doesn't seem like they're working very hard on it if they aren't even sure what's going on as to the status.
Unless they're being vague on purpose...which I would much prefer.

To answer OP:  When they first announced it, I was absolutely stoked.  I went and put money in my online wallet the next day, although I knew it would still be months away lol.   After over NINE months since the announcement, I have to admit I spent the money on other things and have really lost all the excitement for any of it.   I'm assuming that it'll first come out on PC, and then after ANOTHER wait I'll be able to play it when it comes out for PS4. 

I'm play exclusively single-player as well, so a lot of the Forge and other online stuff I could take or leave.  I was just excited for some new options in my single-player worlds.

I love DS and have been a fan forever, but I really think Klei should have held off on that announcement until they knew what was going on themselves.   Nine months is a pretty long time, and there's no hint that anything will be released/revealed any time soon.  Who knows?...

Archived