anyone else hyped about Hamlet!?

if you couldn't tell from the title I am HYPED about hamlet!

I bought "Don't Starve" and its 2 DLC's over a year ago (I was late to the party) but I LOVED IT! its creativity and art style really stuck home with me and I adored it!...sadly I couldn't mod at the time so my dreams of having a custom character to play as were dashed and I moved away from the game for while while working in my 3D classes

fast forward to 3 months ago and I started really working hard to put together a mod! now my mod is darn near done and I'm happy! ...except for a few things

the original Don't Starve fanbase had all moved to DST and DS was starting to have a few small issues over time like crashing upon boot for 1st time opening and with practically no-one really modding for it anymore the replay-ability was starting to wane...(also a few graphical issues due to no 64 bit version)

then I found out about Hamlet!

I NEW DLC! in a TOWNLIKE setting in the original DS! the hype train has officially taken off! ....I'M HYPED!!!

this could mean so SOOO many great things for the original DS players!

honestly I hope that Hamlet can bring alot more life back to Don't Starve as I feel Klei makes REALLY great games with compelling stories! I originally GOT this game because I LOVE dark twisted interesting stories! and thinking what Hamlet could bring to the DS table? its got me theorizing!

some things I REALLY hope for in Hamlet! (Klei if anyone in your company is reading this then HELLO! and plz consider the following)

my top 10 hopes for Don't Starves future! (starting with Hamlet!)

#1 a character that attacks by kicking instead of punching (this would be fascinating to see and leaves some interesting weapon designs open for exploration!...heck having characters with any different animations would really liven things up and just generally be awesome!)

#2 a 64 bit version (this would fix alot of loading times being slow and reduce crashing and \ lines appearing when running around with a fast character)

#3 more indepth backstories for the main cast of characters (Wilson and Maxwell are the characters we know lorewise the best! why not tell us more about the others pasts?)

#4 multi floor shelters (having characters/mobs that can/can't climb up ladders or stairs could be disastrous and advantageous depending on the player or mob! for instance a hound could not climb a ladder! but they could destroy the platform supports and send the player crashing down to a swarm of teeth! but played wisely this platforming trick could organize home bases and look cool and even save the player for other disasters...like floods! *more on that later*...players would still be wrecked by giants though)

#5 rivers and FLOODING! (has no-one noticed how in Don't Starve you can only fish in a pond? not in the ocean (cept shipwrecked) and that theres NO rivers! if there were rivers then after winter it would be more realistic to have rivers rise and floods happen all over! so home bases on ground could be compleatly trashed by currents destroying their chests and crops and washing them away! *hence platforms and multi floor shelters would be awesome!*)

#6 infamy and exile! (since hamlet shows a townlike setting sofar why not have the player be able to be a theif? or murderer? slaughtering pigmen could lead to not just getting your butt kicked but even executed! or exiled by being thrown out of the town your currently in!...a theif could even be sent to a jail and have to break out!...fun food for thought!)

#7 pets! (generally awesome!)

#8 new forms for Chester! (Chester is an awesome lil guy! he keeps your stuff and can be upgraded into 2 forms!...why not have MORE forms! ones that keep certain mobs from attacking him! or even let him wear hats!)

#9 swimming! (allowing players to swim would be a REALLY neat and useful skill! ...but it would need to be timed with a "drowning" meter that would fill up the longer the player character was in water!...this would also be fun for shipwrecked if one wanted to RP a character that couldent make a boat and loved diving down for a chance at food!)

#10 more animal/not human characters! (Wilbur WX-78 and Webber are by far my fave characers! their unique looks ((and movements for Wilbur)) make them super fun to play! having more animal or not human characters in general can really spice things up and have alot more unique traits!)

and thats my top 10!!! thanks for reading guys! if anyone has any new or cool stuff that they wanna share or theories about Hamlet that have been burning in their minds they gotta shout out! feel free to comment! I'D LOVE to read all about them!

i'm hyped about Hamlet too!!! i really want to know how the surviving will work (maybe we will have to get jobs to get mony for the store? or something like quest?) i dont really have any teory but i´m diying to see what klei will make!!

no-la-necesito-bob-esponja_imagenGrande1.jpg

2 hours ago, Siletrea said:

I'm mostly itching to know about the LORE!

According to the Steam page (or youtube description, I forget which), it's supposed to explore the aristocratic history of the pigmen (if I remember correctly, lol). One of the vignettes in DST states that the pigmen left their original home to live alone with the pig king, which explains the origins of the good ol' pigmen we know and love today.

Alternatively, it could be an oddball like Shipwrecked, and have no lore at all, but we'll see lol

On 2/20/2018 at 4:11 PM, Siletrea said:

#2 a 64 bit version (this would fix alot of loading times being slow and reduce crashing and \ lines appearing when running around with a fast character)

Actually DS has a 64-bit and 32-bit version of the game, it's done automatically on steam although if you redeem your DRM-free version on humblebundle then you download 64 or the 32 bit game manually.

Some of us are still here, alive and kickin' and preferring singleplayer. There are dozens of us! :)

I don't have any theories as of yet... been around the forums long enough to know that even when something seems set-in-stone with content or DLC, Klei is fantastic about listening to community feedback and making changes where appropriate. I'm just all aboard the hype train, can't wait for more life to be breathed into my favorite game!

Also... can we get a puzzle? We need a puzzle!

@ThemInspectors there IS? I'm using the steam version and it diddent give me the 64bit version! I'll have to look into that now...thank you for telling me this!

@minespatch your dream home looks awesome! I really do hope we can have furnish-able homes in this!

@TheGoodDarkHero I do find it sad how Shipwrecked had no story...but I dostill find it enjoyable...perhaps with Hamlet being introduced into DS Shipwrecked may get a few more characters and even a story to go with it! heres to hoping!

@imsomony woohoo! so glad to see I'm not compleatly alone in my love for the ODS! and YES we need a puzzle! I'm hoping the temple like areas shown in the trailer will have lots of small puzzles! and overall that the DLC will have a great story!...man I hope Klei actually reads this! that would be awesome! ...(Hi Klei! :D )

@SkylordElberich I'm sure the wait will be well worth it! stay hyped! good things come to those who wait!

8 hours ago, MrKoopa said:

To be honest I want it to be a suprise, wake up in the morning, be on steam(or here on the forums, depends where I look first) and discovering that you can buy and play it.

That's what I'm waiting for, please end the pain Klei

2 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

We also have Hot Lava and Griftlands to be hyped about, not sure if you guys are into those

Hot Lava I'm not so much because I know my computer will not hold up ;----; , Griftlands I'm excited, despite the little information about it.

Can't wait for Hamlet... Wasn't a big fan of Shipwrecked tbh, so i'm more than ready for another expansion in a more standard (less saily) DS world... I'm hoping many of the QoL improvements from DST will make it into DS single player with the Hamlet expansion, for example gates

9 minutes ago, SkylordElberich said:

I just want to see something, anything.

I'm tired of waiting.

So... tired...

1301790359001.png

It's taking so long. Six months and three days. I don't know if this is too much for klei, but I don't know, maybe they are giving a polish to deliver everything beautiful for us.

I cri evryttiem. :wilson_cry:

Archived