[Challenge] a perpetual survival base

Neotuck

I have got a challenge for any one who's interested.  Build a perpetual survival base for ONE dupe!

The rules are simple, keep a single dupe alive and nothing(solid, liquid, or gas) my go in or out of your base

Every thing inside your base must sustain your dupe indefinably 

Every thing that requires dupe labor must be done by your lone dupe

The use of geysers are allowed if it's inside your base

The use of critters is also allowed if they are inside your base

Good Luck!

So what you are saying is make a colony with 1 dupe that doesn't overproduce any resources and has no exhaust, but also doesn't take anything in.  There should be no real difference between the cycle n and cycle n + 10000.

A few questions, since this is your challenge:

• Do geysers count as input (I would say yes)
  • Oil wells?  (I am iffy on this, probably yes)
  • Are you allowed to crush gases with doors? (I would say no)
  • Are you allowed to incorporate wild plants in to your base?
  • Are there limits on animal use?

18 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

So what you are saying is make a colony with 1 dupe that doesn't overproduce any resources and has no exhaust, but also doesn't take anything in.  There should be no real difference between the cycle n and cycle n + 10000.

A few questions, since this is your challenge:

• Do geysers count as input (I would say yes)
  • Oil wells?  (I am iffy on this, probably yes)
  • Are you allowed to crush gases with doors? (I would say no)

Geysers will be allowed but it will be more impressive to do without

Don't see the point on oil wells, I said you can use critters and that includes slicksters.  No limit on how many you have

can't crush gases, there are many creative ways to get rid of excess CO2 and PW

This is an interesting challenge, allthough the single dupe restriction doesn't really do much. Duplicant count only determines the space you require and the speed at which the base converts stuff.

The no I/O sustainable base challenge has been done by multiple people before ofcourse. One of the more recent is from @Ketmol with his "Project Eden". In his version of the challenge he refrained from using any inputs and Wheezeworts but he used the tepidizer oil refinery trick and the cooling trick:

If you don't want to use any exploits then your only ways of generating power would be CO2 exhaling, excess polluted water from toilets (they produce more polluted water than their water input) and ofc wheels. I think with a couple wheezeworts and a couple critters (morbs, slicksters, hatches, pufts) it can definitely be pulled off.

I'm toying with the idea to use a dupe who's a stress vomiter and give him/her no bathroom.  The idea is to use the extra PW for a boiler to generate plenty of water and dirt

Sure I'll be putting the dupe though hell but it should stay alive

Archived