Do you think there will be Hamlet exclusive character(s)? And if Hamlet will ever come to DST?

. . .

Do you think there will be Hamlet exclusive character(s)?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Hamlet will have new character(s)?

2. 2. Do you think Hamlet will come to Don't Starve Together one day?

Personally, I'm hoping for a character which is like a treasure relic hunter who can find relics better and stuff and do better in the hamlet dungeons like here's a bad example

wavid.thumb.png.c6e351c26026fc5583ca9207c34ebcc1.png

Though I also think there  may be no new characters for Hamlet for some reason too but hopefully I will be wrong, do you think there will be new character for Hamlet and if you do what you're hoping they will be like.

Also to keep this related to Don't Starve Together when do you think Hamlet will come for Don't Starve Together?

Of course there will be new characters as with every DLC until now :p .

As for if it will come out for DST , I don't think so , the reasons I can think of are - the same reason they don't want a paid DLC for DST (because it will split the community ... I really want a DST DLC) and because DS and DST are 2 different games at this point . Many ppl want stuff from DST into DS and vice versa . Just see the DST SW topics that pop-up every month or so :D .

There will definitely be at least one new character for Hamlet since both previous DLCs included new characters, and Winona is DST-exclusive (for now?) I quite like your character idea, though I think Woodlegs already fills the "treasure-hunter" trope so whatever Indiana-Jones-esque character would have to have slightly different perks. Would love to play a pigman character :)

EDIT: ...why didn't you just post this in the DS singleplayer forums?

21 minutes ago, 6480 said:

EDIT: ...why didn't you just post this in the DS singleplayer forums?

Cause also important question of when people think Hamlet will come to DST, also DST forums I think more people visit so higher chance of people sharing their thoughts

and I never go on the DS forums cuz it's not on my bookmarks lol

Only because the other DLSs gave us new characters does not mean that this DLC will give us new ones.

Would I want there to be a new character? Yes

I would not be suprised if there would be a new character that it would be a pig character or something like the one SuperDavid posted.

I am pretty sure there's going to be one or two new characters. However, I see them potentially having the same problem as Walani in that, their perks only make sense in the DLC realm, not the base game.

Seeing as how the devs have already openly stated that they won't be bringing it to DLC, and given how they treat SW, I'm pretty sure DST won't be seeing it unless we get a Pork Adventures mod.

Who knows, maybe Mobbstar would actually add golf carts in that one.

For new characters, I'm almost certain that they'll have another few. A pig character would be really unique and I'd love to see what it could do in every realm and not just Hamlet.

As for coming to DST... well... Hamlet appears to be another type of game entirely, as it's about exploring ruins and having, yknow, civilization (at least according to screenshots, there's a shop that sells food). With that being said, I see it even less likely to come to DST, especially before Shipwrecked. At least with SW, it's still survival based, and I'm all for it eventually coming to DST, but I won't be that guy asking every week. Hamlet, however, I can't see.

b4cPxJm.png

If there's a pig character, its downsides could maybe revolve around it being the "runt" of the litter that is a popular trope in pig movies. This would make sense since its character model/proportions would have to be more similar to the human characters than the pigmen mobs. Potentially some food-based perks (or truffle-based?)

Bonus:

4DFO2gC.png

On 1/29/2018 at 9:26 PM, Cellby said:

What if...we are Hamlet...........

85c.gif

Depending on how they choose the names of the pigs living there, maybe some of us will have our real names in there by pure coincidence. (Crosses fingers)

An explorer is an interesting theme! I like that idea.

I also like the idea of possibly Winona being a character in this DLC, though I'm not sure if it would mess up the timeline.

The main problem I have with a pig character is that they would not be from our world; they would have originated in the Constant. Every other character, even Webber and Wilbur originally comes from our world.

Archived