Overloading the heaviwire?

Good day everyone.

Let's just say, I have 15 Petroleum Gen, and they all connect with a single heaviwire, however, it is always overload, how can I distribute the power but not overloading the heaviwire? Helps are appreciated. :D

Dups are too busy repairing wire and died....LOL

On 1/22/2018 at 12:55 PM, qthk said:

Good day everyone.

Let's just say, I have 15 Petroleum Gen, and they all connect with a single heaviwire, however, it is always overload, how can I distribute the power but not overloading the heaviwire? Helps are appreciated. :D

Dups are too busy repairing wire and died....LOL

Use regular wire, that way instead of overloading the heaviwire, you'll be overloading the regular wire.  You'll be able to turn 14 of your generators off and still achieve your goal of overloading your circuit, saving petroleum.

Exactly as Kabrute mentioned above, this one is a straight maths problem.

You can't pump more than 20kW through heavy wire, and you have 30kW worth of power generation - it's always going to overload.

Move at least 10 onto another heavy wire circuit so that neither circuit exceeds 20kW and you should be fine.

tbh, I'm kinda curious what you need 30kW of power for - maybe just shut some generators off until they're needed?

On 1/24/2018 at 12:53 AM, TheOlz said:

Exactly as Kabrute mentioned above, this one is a straight maths problem.

You can't pump more than 20kW through heavy wire, and you have 30kW worth of power generation - it's always going to overload.

Move at least 10 onto another heavy wire circuit so that neither circuit exceeds 20kW and you should be fine.

tbh, I'm kinda curious what you need 30kW of power for - maybe just shut some generators off until they're needed?

This is incorrect, 30 kW power generation with less than 20kW power usage not only will not always overload, it will never overload.  Overloading means the generators are needed.  Try it yourself, put as many generators as you want on a normal wire, as long as you keep your power consumers under 1 kW, it won't overload.

Hmmm.... I'm not not believing you @trukogre, I must've just remembered incorrectly from when I played with this a while back.

In that case, I am really curious as to what is running on this circuit, though in thinking about it it's probably just a bunch of tube stations.

40 minutes ago, TheOlz said:

Hmmm.... I'm not not believing you @trukogre, I must've just remembered incorrectly from when I played with this a while back.

In that case, I am really curious as to what is running on this circuit, though in thinking about it it's probably just a bunch of tube stations.

@trukogre is correct. Power producers no longer overload a circuit. Only consumers. The biggest change however is that circuits now see circuit loads on the secondary side of a transformer on the primary side as they should so you can't just connect a bunch of generators on a standard wire and hook it up to a transformer and expect it not to overload.

It's fairly simple to avoid overloading even a large tube system as pressure plates register their use, so you can deactivate them based on how many are currently being used. Just set it to register long presses and not short press on the pressure plate.

image.thumb.png.65d7e307486fb8a4e07d9a291238260d.png

4 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

I would say that it is most likely transformers feeding batteries, having just 6 of these will draw 24kw and break wires..... Just sayin, you want to prevent the problems, limit outgoing power to 5 transformers

Batteries do not count as consumers so batteries cannot overload any circuit.

Archived