My friend suddenly lost their progress

We were playing on a listen server, hosted on my PC. We played to about day 140 in-game. Today, when we played, they connected but suddenly got put into the character pick screen, and lost all their items and map reveal. A rollback fixed it, but a bit later it happened again. Is there any reason behind this?
This is my first time posting, I don't know where this type of posts go. Really sorry if I've posted in the wrong forum.

Hello @Rylie, welcome to the forums. If your friends lose progress every time they rejoin, then I would assume it's cause the game doesn't save their progress correctly. There could be multiple reasons why this is happening. So we'll have to look into the log files. So attach a copy of your client_log.txt file AND also the specific server_log.txt under the Master folder of the specific Cluster_# folder you are playing on. If the server is hosted through the in-game Host Game screen in the 3rd slot, then go to the master folder of Cluster_3 in DoDocuments\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether. If it's in the 4th slot, get the server_log.txt from the master folder of Cluster_4, and so on.

Normally, all issues with the game should be posted to the Klei Bug Tracker (seen in the tabs section Under Browse of every forum page) or here: Klei Bug Tracker. But since this is a DST specific issue, then it should be in DST Bug Tracker. Since we can't move threads between the forum and the bug tracker, you'll have to make a new post there. Just don't forget to attach your log files I mentioned earlier. Cheers.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/

Archived