a more advanced way to bottle water

It would certainly make sense for something like this to be in the game.  It feels weird to have all this advanced technology and still have to manually pump water in to bottles.  I think the way it would work is there is a building with a liquid pipe input and it fills up a bottle with water automatically

The only downside I see is that it might not be used very often, as if you have the tech for this, I find it doubtful that people will actually want to use it.  Pitcher pumps are amazingly efficient and I doubt they could really be rivaled easily.  In a couple seconds, a duplicant can have a bottle with as much water as they can carry.  You can easily set up a pitcher pump in the middle of your base in a 1 tile deep pool fed by a liquid vent.  I am having trouble imagining anything as a significant improvement of that system.

If they did include this, it would probably be accompanied with a significant nerf to pitcher pumps to make it worthwhile.

23 hours ago, Zarquan said:

Pitcher pumps are amazingly efficient and I doubt they could really be rivaled easily.  In a couple seconds, a duplicant can have a bottle with as much water as they can carry.  You can easily set up a pitcher pump in the middle of your base in a 1 tile deep pool fed by a liquid vent.  I am having trouble imagining anything as a significant improvement of that system.

^ this. By the time you've got proper plumbing, most of your water is going to buildings that don't have manual water bottle inputs. I'd rather have the devs spend their time on something else.

Archived