"Cleaner" File Loads

Was just wonder if it was possible to have a cleaner set up for the file system. I like how the system is now where it will remember my saves and only renew over the autosave files, but sometimes it can feel a bit cluttered when I want to go into a certain file through the "Load" tab. All my different playthroughs are uniquely named to distinguish them but unless Ive deleted a bunch of the autosaves it can sometimes take a bit to navigate or remember which is which.

My suggestions would to be have it be something like in DS initially where you click the "Load Game" tab. Then you are brought to the files of your different playthroughs. Then you can click on the corresponding playthrough file and it will open another load game screen where you can either select your current run on that file, or one of the autosaves or prior saves in that playthrough file.

22 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

For me, ONI has a very intuitive save system and i would change nothing.

When you are playing multiple worlds at once each with multiple saves it can get confusing quick.

Like stellaris' load screen looks like this, there is no way you can mixup which save belongs to which playthrough:

Image result for stellaris load game

8 hours ago, AlexRou said:

When you are playing multiple worlds at once each with multiple saves it can get confusing quick.

Like stellaris' load screen looks like this, there is no way you can mixup which save belongs to which playthrough:

Image result for stellaris load game

Exactly what Im getting at. I have at least 3 different worlds in my game, and trying to manage the files gets pretty confusing.

I agree that it would be nice to have a setup like Stellaris's.  It would help me find and organize my experiments, as well keep a better record of my colonies.  It would probably encourage me to conduct more experiments in to the game's physics and try out more solutions.

Archived