Wigfrid- Why cant she eat butterfly wings?

But they're not meat either.  They're labeled as decorations.  Calling butterfly wings meat is like calling cotton candy a vegetable, which is to say we should all be glad I'm not in the confectionery business.  I mean, I just googled deep fried butterfly wings, absolutely convinced that was a thing, and the results page just sort of stared back at me like "dude, what have you been smoking?"  And all I can say is "nothing, absolutely nothing, and I have no idea what I was thinking."

1 hour ago, TemporaryMan said:

But they're not meat either.  They're labeled as decorations.  Calling butterfly wings meat is like calling cotton candy a vegetable, which is to say we should all be glad I'm not in the confectionery business.  I mean, I just googled deep fried butterfly wings, absolutely convinced that was a thing, and the results page just sort of stared back at me like "dude, what have you been smoking?"  And all I can say is "nothing, absolutely nothing, and I have no idea what I was thinking."

• Something that is alive has life! It is not an object and it is not dead.

• Animals are living things that can move around, eat food for fuel, and reproduce

• Plants are living things that usually make their own food, reproduce, but cannot move around.

• Meat is animal flesh that is eaten as food.

• Butterfly = Animal

however it's considered a flying flower (as said earlier by terrorbeak man) and flower =/= meat. also about your argument that plants cannot move around, neither can trees but apparently they can walk around just fine in the form of treeguards. you have to remember this is a game about fiction with magic and stuff, not real life.

12 hours ago, ZolaRay said:

Since she can only meat, she should be able to eat butteflies, why?, because butterflies are not vegetals, they are animals, therefore she should be able to eat them because they are meat

Note that the part of the butterfly that drops off are the wings, not the meat of the actual butterfly.

42 minutes ago, ZolaRay said:

Well i guess i understand but, using the game rules, why can she eat jellybeans?

She broke character. Nobody can resist the call of jellybeans. 

Speaking of which though, why can't she drink liquids? During Winter's Feast she can eat all the foods except Plum Pudding, Fruit Cake (obviously), and Apple Cider. She's allowed to drink Cocoa and Eggnog, but not Coffee or the like?

1 hour ago, Chris1488 said:

Note that the part of the butterfly that drops off are the wings, not the meat of the actual butterfly.

She broke character. Nobody can resist the call of jellybeans. 

Speaking of which though, why can't she drink liquids? During Winter's Feast she can eat all the foods except Plum Pudding, Fruit Cake (obviously), and Apple Cider. She's allowed to drink Cocoa and Eggnog, but not Coffee or the like?

Well, she can eat eggs, and eggnog contains (you guessed it) eggs! Some of the other foods, like yule logs and gingerbread also have eggs as ingredients in real life, but I don't remember if she can drink milk, so I'm not sure about cocoa.

Plum pudding has a LOT of eggs in it, so I'm not sure why she can't eat that. Maybe it's a mental barrier she's unable to overcome. I mean, we've already established she's a little TOO into her role, and that's the reason why she refuses to eat her veggies, not that she's physically incapable of eating them.

1 hour ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Well, she can eat eggs, and eggnog contains (you guessed it) eggs! Some of the other foods, like yule logs and gingerbread also have eggs as ingredients in real life, but I don't remember if she can drink milk, so I'm not sure about cocoa.

Plum pudding has a LOT of eggs in it, so I'm not sure why she can't eat that. Maybe it's a mental barrier she's unable to overcome. I mean, we've already established she's a little TOO into her role, and that's the reason why she refuses to eat her veggies, not that she's physically incapable of eating them.

It’s not really about her being into her role, vikings didn’t eat exclusively meat or heal via doing damage.

Honestly she’s more of a half-vampire than anything.  Drains the lifeforce of her enemies and meat is kind of two steps removed from blood (not meat, meat, raw meat, blood).

I agree. I don't care if it would be considered OP, it's just basically making sense. I mean if you examine cut reeds as Wigfrid, she says "I picked all the bugs out then ate them" <-- or something similar but still the same concept.

If she can eat bugs from cut reeds, what's so bad about butterfly wings?

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I agree. I don't care if it would be considered OP, it's just basically making sense. I mean if you examine cut reeds as Wigfrid, she says "I picked all the bugs out then ate them" <-- or something similar but still the same concept.

Cause it's just the wings, not the actual butterfly. Tearing hair off of a person and eating it wouldn't be considered eating meat.

12 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Balance > Lore.

Archived