[UPDATED] Console and Mobile Port Status Update

Hey everyone I just really need to know the answer to the following questions:

1. Will you add multiplayer to DSPE or are you going to make a separate app?

2. When will  the next update for DSPE come out?

(I don't have a computer so unfortunately I can't play with my friends at school in don't starve pocket edition since it doesn't have  multiplayer; If you respond to this I will be really grateful)

DSPE=Don't Starve  Pocket Edition

Wow...I see how fast the Devs are rushing to answer here...

So to my question:

Any timeline about removing the helloween trinkets and all stuff?

And when we gonna have the valentine's update?

Please, no rush with the answers :)

On 2/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, MiguelPlays said:

Hey everyone I just really need to know the answer to the following questions:

1. Will you add multiplayer to DSPE or are you going to make a separate app?

2. When will  the next update for DSPE come out?

(I don't have a computer so unfortunately I can't play with my friends at school in don't starve pocket edition since it doesn't have  multiplayer; If you respond to this I will be really grateful)

DSPE=Don't Starve  Pocket Edition

We don't have any announced plans for DST PE - it would have to be a separate app just like PC, they are different games. 

7 hours ago, Axxxel said:

Wow...I see how fast the Devs are rushing to answer here...

So to my question:

Any timeline about removing the helloween trinkets and all stuff?

And when we gonna have the valentine's update?

Please, no rush with the answers :)

As noted in the OP, console updates are coming as soon as they can but I can't give you a specific date because it's really going to depend on cert at this point. But we don't expect it to be too far off from the next PC/Mac release; and that's not to far off from now.

Sooo...you mean around march?

Just kidding :).

But seriously...if the ps4 certification takes longer...why don't you send the updates earlier than releasing the pc one? I am not dev and don't know the details about all that delay stuff, but from our (all people suffer from that delay) perspective - something like that could be the solution. It depends on you if it's worth it or not.

13 hours ago, JoeW said:

We don't have any announced plans for DST PE - it would have to be a separate app just like PC, they are different games.

Are you going to bring some updates to Android version guys? We only need a fix of that blurry textures. Is it possible to bring some HD textures?

First beta was looking pretty good.

@JoeW Hi there klei.I ve been enjoying shipwrecked so much when i saw it came to phone i excited so much i installed game to my android phone via. Google play and played 23 game days straight then saved and closed game but when i try to open game next day it came up with a warning sign blue screen save loading crash i just started another game but aame thing happened again when i left game at day 13 it crashed again ive seen alot of posts about this crash at klei forums please fix this issue so we can play the game keep up the good work.

Screenshot_20171010-132850.png.f90f2222f6e971ae1c1a7d4fbeb30613.png

6 hours ago, Axxxel said:

Sooo...you mean around march?

Just kidding :).

But seriously...if the ps4 certification takes longer...why don't you send the updates earlier than releasing the pc one? I am not dev and don't know the details about all that delay stuff, but from our (all people suffer from that delay) perspective - something like that could be the solution. It depends on you if it's worth it or not.

Because that would creep all of the updates out even further. Frankly the end result of waiting on releasing means that the release date creeps out even further and the end result would still be a stretch of time between pc and console. 

This is easier to do with a game release because you are generally done well before the game releases, but with game updates we're generally trying to squeeze as much extra stuff in as possible all the way up until the update goes out. 

5 hours ago, Kai_ said:

Are you going to bring some updates to Android version guys? We only need a fix of that blurry textures. Is it possible to bring some HD textures?

First beta was looking pretty good.

We will, unfortunately Android is the one furthest behind. It's still going to be a while before that goes out, but it will happen. I wish I had better or more specific news. But it's going to be a while still. 

Just quick reminder...that tomorrow is valentine's Day :). So most of us (couples) probably will not play (at least not dst :D). But the day after? The clock is ticking and no updates yet. Usually I am patient person...but even I start to be disappointed...

I love this game to pieces and have even bought merchandise, but it’s really starting to feel like the PS4 (and console users in general) are an after thought. To be stuck on the halloween event and watching PC users making content on all of the events that we haven’t and some that we won’t get is a major bummer. Hopefully it gets updated soon :-/

On 2/14/2018 at 3:20 AM, mimbycat said:

I love this game to pieces and have even bought merchandise, but it’s really starting to feel like the PS4 (and console users in general) are an after thought. To be stuck on the halloween event and watching PC users making content on all of the events that we haven’t and some that we won’t get is a major bummer. Hopefully it gets updated soon :-/

Almost every current third party developer operates like this:

PC > PS4 > Switch > Mobile > Xbox

1 hour ago, Master Wolf said:

Almost every current third party developer operates like this:

PC > PS4 > Switch > Mobile > Xbox

The problem is klei isn't doing that. They're doing pc>pc>pc>pc>pc>ps4>mobile>Xbox. If they were consistent about getting updates, let's say 1 month, after pc to the others that would be satisfactory. But the past year or two (I'm horrible with timelines) they update the rest whenever they get around to it. It doesn't seem like they're even trying. To be fair, they've since claimed they are going to put a renewed effort into other platforms. But it's hard to be optimistic when pc still getting update after update and we've seen literally no results

On 2/18/2018 at 7:52 PM, Josonic said:

The problem is klei isn't doing that. They're doing pc>pc>pc>pc>pc>ps4>mobile>Xbox. If they were consistent about getting updates, let's say 1 month, after pc to the others that would be satisfactory. But the past year or two (I'm horrible with timelines) they update the rest whenever they get around to it. It doesn't seem like they're even trying. To be fair, they've since claimed they are going to put a renewed effort into other platforms. But it's hard to be optimistic when pc still getting update after update and we've seen literally no results

But they don’t push the updates, Joe said Klei’s partners are doing it. What I assumed they did was give the update to their partners, and they would make it work in the other platforms. 

The post Joe made, was to pretty much acknowledgement that having someone port the PC game (and updates) into other platforms, can only take you so far.

I'm new to this so I haven't been waiting quite as long as you all have for the console update (Xbox One) but it is very frustrating to hear about all this cool new stuff and not have it available yet. The original message about the delay was back on January 18th, it's now almost March. I really enjoy this game but this is disappointing :(  

Just say you guy are trying to get update but what is the update?
One question: We need a fix patch for the terrible performance and crashed over the time, where is it?
A year without a update to fix your game isn't funny, buy game but cannot play isn't funny too. It seem you guys don't even trying to fix your game, I don't know and don't want to know who is your 3rd parties but this is your responsible to make your game work with us not them!

16 hours ago, Kimberly1744 said:

I'm new to this so I haven't been waiting quite as long as you all have for the console update (Xbox One) but it is very frustrating to hear about all this cool new stuff and not have it available yet. The original message about the delay was back on January 18th, it's now almost March. I really enjoy this game but this is disappointing :(  

Ooh, stick around and you will get used to see new and new and new updates and stuff for pc...and almost nothing for consoles. Well, to be honest, year ago the updates was more often. But now...we are still playing the Halloween update. I mean - you guys are playing the Halloween update...I have 2 wonderful worlds with my partner and we just don't want to play them.  We are that much disappointed. And we are fans who owns all ps4 editions, all ps4 themes and all android versions of the game.

8 hours ago, Ryanthewolf9461 said:

Guys, calm down. They're working on all of this so don't get all pissed, be happy that an update is coming! If you ask me, some clearance is better than none. These things take time, especially since ps4 is different than steam! A late update is better than  none

A late update is better than none, which is exactly what we are getting. NONE. No winters feast update.

If they really are committed to a new operating schedule as they put it, then I'll forgive them for it. I'm just not very optimistic anymore.

12 hours ago, Ryanthewolf9461 said:

Guys, calm down. They're working on all of this so don't get all pissed, be happy that an update is coming! If you ask me, some clearance is better than none. These things take time, especially since ps4 is different than steam! A late update is better than  none

Can't we be calm down and disappointed at the same time? halloween update came at the same time for pc and ps4...

I'm glad i didn't knew all that update delaying and exclusive stuff for PC cause i would never had bought don't starve otherwise and i would have lost a great game.

4 hours ago, Josonic said:

A late update is better than none, which is exactly what we are getting. NONE. No winters feast update.

If they really are committed to a new operating schedule as they put it, then I'll forgive them for it. I'm just not very optimistic anymore.

I hope we get the Winter Feast update, I really want to kill the new designed Winter Feast Deerclops and the other boss for the adornment. It's really unfair that we can't have it... 

Archived