[UPDATED] Console and Mobile Port Status Update

Hey everybody

For quite a while now we have been working to sync up our update schedules for console and mobile with the live versions on PC/Mac/Linux, including updates and events such as The Forge and holiday events. 
Unfortunately we haven’t been successful in getting things to where we want them to be in a timely fashion. We are making some operational changes to fix this and we wanted to update you all and let you know what we’re doing to fix the situation.

Without getting into the boring details, between launching on Xbox, working on releasing a retail version and localizing the games for 8 languages, we have overloaded our porting partners which resulted in limited resources getting in the way of other projects like DS updates on console and mobile as well as DST event updates. 

We had previously made some attempts to correct this without significant operational changes, however this was not as effective as we had hoped so we are going to bring DST updates back inhouse so that Don’t Starve Together can get its frequent updates more synchronized with what is currently live; it’s just a lot easier and faster for us to do these ourselves. While we would like to have simultaneous launches on console with the Steam version, certification still makes that unlikely - however we anticipate these updates to be about a week or two apart once we catch back up. 

This opens up our porting partner to focus on what they do best and work on new platforms and updates that are less time sensitive from a player perspective.

We have already begun this transition and we believe we should see the results of these changes very soon. By the end of February, we should have the localizations ready for Don’t Starve and Don’t Starve Together which has been holding up Don’t Starve and Shipwrecked bug fixes on console and mobile. Shortly after that we will bring the Forge to Console and that point we should be caught up with the new operating schedule. 

We sincerely apologize about this misstep. All of our fans are important to us and we’re sorry that we let some of you down. Thanks to everybody for your support. If you have questions that I haven’t addressed above just post on this thread and I will answer what I can. 

STATUS UPDATE - 3/2/2018

We hoped to get DST for PS4 and XboxOne out this week, but ran into some localization issues that need to be addressed. We will be submitting for certification on both platforms next week. So unless some sort of catastrophic event we, should see PS4 and XboxOne updates live either late next week or early the week following. 

That will put PS4 and XboxOne current with the PC build including the Year of the Varg event!

We're looking at how we could do The Forge on console as well, but due to the nature of the event servers and item rewards it's a bit more challenging than just a straight port. But we're working on getting that sorted out as well, we'll let you know when we have more info. 

1) Will console players be able to have access to the loyal skins for purchasing shipwrecked and RoG?

2) Will console players be able to have access to buying skins directly from you guys?

3) Will console players be able to have access to skin trading and/or more skin drops (to make up for a lack of marketplace/ trading)?

Than you so much much for the update.

23 minutes ago, Master Wolf said:

1) Will console players be able to have access to the loyal skins for purchasing shipwrecked and RoG?

2) Will console players be able to have access to buying skins directly from you guys?

3) Will console players be able to have access to skin trading and/or more skin drops (to make up for a lack of marketplace/ trading)?

Than you so much much for the update.

There are difficulties with answering some of this directly because various platforms have different policies for how they deal with items. For exaple, on steam, we can see specifically that you own something and then give you something for it. Or we can give you a key and then you can use that key somewhere else. On console, we can't do that. We are currently in the process of getting as close to parity as they will allow us on their respective platform. But I don't have anything I can tell you for sure right now. 

It is very likely that console players will be able to buy skins directly and we are currently looking at what we can do to make up for the lack of a marketplace and person to person trades. The weaving system might be the answer here and we may just balance the drops so you have more opportunity to get cool stuff. This is something that should be coming very soon. 

5 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

I’ll just say at first thanks for the status update! Ok now to my one question: are we still getting winters feast!

You are getting the content, but it won't be coming as an event. Essentially, when we catch up it should be in time for the next seasonal event in February and we still need to get you into The Forge which will be coming a short while after that. Running the winter event would push all that out even further. 

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

There are difficulties with answering some of this directly because various platforms have different policies for how they deal with items. For exaple, on steam, we can see specifically that you own something and then give you something for it. Or we can give you a key and then you can use that key somewhere else. On console, we can't do that. We are currently in the process of getting as close to parity as they will allow us on their respective platform. But I don't have anything I can tell you for sure right now. 

It is very likely that console players will be able to buy skins directly and we are currently looking at what we can do to make up for the lack of a marketplace and person to person trades. The weaving system might be the answer here and we may just balance the drops so you have more opportunity to get cool stuff. This is something that should be coming very soon. 

Usually you have to log into a developer’s website, using an Xbox Gamertag or PSN ID in order to let them track you (most developers do this). Maybe this way, we console players can get the Metheus puzzle :p.

Thanks, I can’t wait, specially being able to purchase skins directly from you guys.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

You are getting the content, but it won't be coming as an event. Essentially, when we catch up it should be in time for the next seasonal event in February and we still need to get you into The Forge which will be coming a short while after that. Running the winter event would push all that out even further. 

We're not getting it as an event? What do you mean by that, actually? I'm guessing we'll be able to manually activate it in a new world? Or can we activate it in our current world?

Thank you for the update!

I hope you guys find a good answer for that. Personally I would love to buy like event skins from you guys but,I know many won’t agree with me but if you can purchase any skin ,elegant items would lose their worth and that’s one thing I always liked about the console version,that they are so rare and hard to obtain! This might be a unloved opinion  but it also makes it worth for me always coming back to it.But whatever you guys do I’m sure it will be a good solution.

SIr i represent 3,000 ppl in my psn community and we would like to buy skins at one point, cause we love the game soo much and play it everyday and would like to continue supporting this game and hopefully a future shipwrecked together :D  thnx klei for all the good times and i always try to encourage ppl to try ur game btw

On 19/01/2018 at 1:46 AM, JoeW said:

Will we be able to get the skins and everything?

On 1/20/2018 at 12:04 AM, sarfaraz said:

Will we be able to get the skins and everything?

The skins will not be dropping - however the game content will be in the game

On 1/21/2018 at 4:22 AM, Pebrot said:

then you are translating the game to 8 languages? can i ask wich ones?? i'm dying to know what "like eggs in coffe" mean lol

French    Italian    German    Spanish    Brazilian Portuguese    Polish    Korean
Russian 

ok ok let me get this straight?  We need some clarification, we are not get winter feast, BUT we are getting the benefits like more chances for skins  ect right? 

And are we getting snowfallen skins after you guys have played catch up or atleast gladiator skins when forge shows up?

Because what you wrote makes it sound like hey we are playing catch up and we dont have time for winter feast, but you will get benefits and a feb event coming up and forge will be in late feb+ or march ish.... did i get it right?

Its not on if u ask me, i got dont starve as the free ps plus game way bkkkkkkk. Played all the time. Soon as dst come out i paid 4 the game but now i lose interest in my fav game have a mega bace 2500+days bored of the grind always get gloves or tshirts Quality of life late game is poo as we dont have mods. Noted that its near on impossible to mod 4 ps4 in the same way as pc but ur have 2 adapt that console should have a new system 2 in place so we can benefit. I dont mind paying klei my hard earned money for skins or add ons for late game quality of life players. We r Stuck in Halloween i know this is a moan up in a way but   They didnt want 2 give us the winter feast as they didnt want to update the code 4 the new skins 4 bosses. Only 4 skins drop aweek no trade opinion just the standed game but u guys hot fix ppls mods so they work with the game u add stuff 4 the modders 2 help but nothing 4 us lot. I can under stand ur a small team but just look at the ark game. It was 4 pc now its console and any update or add ons they release they do it 4 pc xbox and ps at the same time. My brother writes code makes apps and all that so i know its not difficult 2 update the ps4 code its coz they working on hamlet update 4 pc we wont get till months has past they put console and the bottom of the pile still haven't had sw update or have they fixed the lag cant give us servers 2 rent from them, would just b nice 2 feel like ur lot care 4 us console players as pc players get upset u go running 2 help. Come on guys show us u care 

Yea this is confusing. Are we getting Christmas feast in the update as a game setting for new worlds if we were to start over and select Christmas feast as the events? Just not a live version of it where skins drop? If no Christmas feast this really is a pow right in the kisser. Especially as we were led on in December to be getting Christmas feast soon as the new year starts. Been waiting daily since Christmas checking for updates to now it sounds like were skipping it?

4 hours ago, LeeFuelWeaver said:

Yea this is confusing. Are we getting Christmas feast in the update as a game setting for new worlds if we were to start over and select Christmas feast as the events? Just not a live version of it where skins drop? If no Christmas feast this really is a pow right in the kisser. Especially as we were led on in December to be getting Christmas feast soon as the new year starts. Been waiting daily since Christmas checking for updates to now it sounds like were skipping it?

Yeah, there will be no auto updated servers, just being able to make a Winter’s Feast server. He answered this in a question before:

“You are getting the content, but it won't be coming as an event.”

12 hours ago, Master Wolf said:

Yeah, there will be no auto updated servers, just being able to make a Winter’s Feast server. He answered this in a question before:

“You are getting the content, but it won't be coming as an event.”

Ah I see, just was confused with the specific contents he was referring to, thanks for clarifying.

Archived