Advice for slime farm

So I've been playing this one 10 dupe colony for over 700 cycles now, and the problem I've ran into is running out of slime, I've dug out about 3 slime biomes, at the moment I have over million food units but I'd like to make something reliable for slime with pufts, only thing is I have no idea how to do it. I've tried 2 times to make it and failed miserably. Also is there a way to move pufts cause I don't see them on the animal relocator thing so Is there a different way to move pufts.

Some screenshots or saves and any advice would be much appreciated.

Well the question is what is your biggest problem? Generating enough polluted oxygen or getting more puffs?

Regarding Puffs, the question is easy, there is a fix amount of Puffs on each map, that can either be manually guided through your base to their destined habitat (e.g. by using doors (they can pass through pneumatic doors in open mode, but not in auto-mode) or aerial creature lures as described above, finally you can use a more elaborate air-flow luring strategy (since puffs follow polluted oxygen)). Once you have gathered all Puffs in one place, you have maximized your potential on that part.

Regarding polluted oxygen you have several ways, which have all already been mentioned already.

In a first step, you can simply funnel all polluted oxygen on the map (caves, base, etc.) to the habitat, which should keep the Puffs busy for quite a while,

after depleting this abundant resource, you have several options:

• combine your Puff farm with Morb creatures, which spawn from un-emptied outhouses (3 per "incident"). They emit a small bit of polluted oxygen, which in turn feeds your puffs.
  • polluted water releases/disolves into polluted oxygen in its vicinity. There are several ways of using it. For instance a polluted o2 tank, with a gas pump. Or even a dedictated polluted o2 plant, which maximizes the surface of the polluted water with airflow-tiles:

I am currently employing a mixture of all three above polluted o2 solutions, but i am still struggling with balancing it out. I have also planted several Mushrooms below my Puffs which should automatically be fertilized.

Does this look okay for start, just something I made in 10 minutes, as you can see there are 3 morbs in pwater and 3 pufts, luckily cave morbs are in right now had over 100kg of po2 so pressure is over 10kg at the moment, all slime is saved in a chlorine room so I dont have to worry about germs, also how to exactly farm morbs, you dont empty your outhouse, you get 3 morbs, and then you empty it and repeat? Thanks

Telescope.png

yes you have dupes use a outhouse 15 times and then make sure they can't clean it (low priority, locked door, door access...)

Outhouses don't spawn 3 morbs anymore, only 1 at a time.  Once it has spawned one, you can save and reload the scene and it should spawn another one after a while. Or if you don't want to use that cheat, just have dupes reuse it 15 times and repeat.

When automation update came out, I did this little crazy contraption:  ;)

The video is a bit long a redundant, you can just watch the beginning and end. 

11 minutes ago, manu_x32 said:

yes you have dupes use a outhouse 15 times and then make sure they can't clean it (low priority, locked door, door access...)

Outhouses don't spawn 3 morbs anymore, only 1 at a time.  Once it has spawned one, you can save and reload the scene and it should spawn another one after a while. Or if you don't want to use that cheat, just have dupes reuse it 15 times and repeat.

When automation update came out, I did this little crazy contraption:  ;)

The video is a bit long a redundant, you can just watch the beginning and end. 

Reload causes the dupes to want to clean any dirty toilet, instantly, and doesn't spawn a new morb....

1 minute ago, Kabrute said:

Reload causes the dupes to want to clean any dirty toilet, instantly, and doesn't spawn a new morb....

I guess that's new, people used to use that cheat. My system doesn't rely on any cheat, it automates the 15 visits usage, and morb spawn, trapping, and delivery to slime farm.  Only needs manual trap rearm and system reset when it's done, and an alarm warns you when it needs it.

Puft:

Consumes 175 g/s Polluted Oxygen
Produces 175 g/s Slime

Morb:

Effects:Produces ~15 g/s of Polluted Oxygen
(up to 1 kg of pressure)

-> 175/15 = ~12 Morbs per Puft

Dusk Caps:

consumes 4kg/cycle of Slime as fertilizer

Cycle = 600 seconds

-> 4000 Slime needed / every seconds 600 / while 175 is produced by = 0,038 Pufts

-> 1 Puft should happily be able to supply ~20 Dusk Caps.

This number seems a bit high, so my calculation might be missing the animation-time of Pufts/Morbs.

Numbers are from gamepedia, so they might no longer be accurate.

1 hour ago, Lutzkhie said:

where do you store your foods? if you put foods in the cold biome will it stop the spoilage or will it just prolong the foods

Co2, chlorine, powered fridge. I think cold biome can possibly work too, even better if it's co2 or chlorine in there.

Archived