Klau's loot stash spawn

Is there a way to prevent the loot stash from spawning in my base?

This is the second time that this happened to me. SAME exact spot where I planted saplings... it blocked the sapling and I have to dig it up, I used checker floor to test out but the loot stash still spawns in that same exact spot...

DTyt6vUVQAAngZ6.jpg:large

6 hours ago, jesuisralph said:

Is there a way to prevent the loot stash from spawning in my base?

This is the second time that this happened to me. SAME exact spot where I planted saplings... it blocked the sapling and I have to dig it up, I used checker floor to test out but the loot stash still spawns in that same exact spot...

DTyt6vUVQAAngZ6.jpg:large

before winter start leave your base, which I'm guessing located on Deciduous Forest, so go to the Mosaic, stay there at least 2-4 days, eventually the Loot Stash will spawn near you. 

1 hour ago, mzajy said:

before winter start leave your base, which I'm guessing located on Deciduous Forest, so go to the Mosaic, stay there at least 2-4 days, eventually the Loot Stash will spawn near you. 

Sadly, not a true thing. I live in the Deciduous forest, and it can spawn in either one randomly. 

29 minutes ago, ThatSilentMime said:

Sadly, not a true thing. I live in the Deciduous forest, and it can spawn in either one randomly. 

So why it's almost always happened to me? try it then tell me if this work or not. you must be out of Deciduous before winter start. try not to stay near or next to D forest. stay away and you must be at Mosaic so the Loot spawn there.

I'll upload a video for proof next winter :)

12 hours ago, mzajy said:

So why it's almost always happened to me? try it then tell me if this work or not. you must be out of Deciduous before winter start. try not to stay near or next to D forest. stay away and you must be at Mosaic so the Loot spawn there.

I'll upload a video for proof next winter :)

Nah, I believe ya'. It just happens. I've tried it multiple times on world's, it just happens to spawn in any area randomly. Believe me or not, it's just my POV.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:16 AM, ThatSilentMime said:

Nah, I believe ya'. It just happens. I've tried it multiple times on world's, it just happens to spawn in any area randomly. Believe me or not, it's just my POV.

and I respect that. but for me, my method work 99%. even tho the wiki said it's random! I've spend many winter doing this and out of 20 winter, maybe one or two that the Loot spawned in random location! just try it and let me know! you'll not lose anything

and I would like to show you a clip from my world before winter start and when the Loot will spawn, but i'm having trouble with my saving files. I have lost many days, and i'm not on mode to start over from my last back-up. but if I did i'll for sure clip that for you my dear friend :)

There are simply spots in which Loot Stash can spawn, and each time one of them is randomly chosen. It's either mosaic, PK deciduous or second deciduous, if your world has it.
 I'm not sure if that still works, but I know that people place signs directly in spot where loot spawns to prevent it from respawning there next time. You just need to be careful while opening it after killing Klaus - make sure to place sign in that spot.

On 1/18/2018 at 1:48 AM, mzajy said:

Sometimes it spawns in my base when I'm in the caves during summer until late fall... I'm not sure if it can be prevented at all. It spawns in the same spot again for the third time, but it's okay... as long it doesnt break any of scaled chests, I'm okay. 

On 1/26/2018 at 2:15 AM, mzajy said:

@ThatSilentMime @jesuisralph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRSBpEH3WaM

Jump to 14:30 for the Loot spawn. 

FYI, I did change Mosaic turf to Deciduous Turf, so don't be confused :D

This method doesn't seem to work, it does seems like random. I was at the Mosaic area from early fall till winter day 3 and when I came back to my base, the loot stash spawned in a pretty bad spot.

I found a way to make the loot stash not spawn in that certain area that I was having problems, this is the solution:

yLsjWs1.jpg

But then this happened, it spawned in a even worse location, as you can see the picture bellow, klaus destroyed some of stuff in my base area, I have a video of the fight too... I had to rollback a few times because Klaus spawned in my base walking all over my ice box and breaking the drying racks... I didn't want to rollback any further because i felt at least this is the least damages he has caused in my base so I just him break the figures but then something else happened.. my houndius shootius kept shooting the deers :( I had to rollback because one died, in another try... since it was new moon (LOL) klaus walked into more of those figures unleashing a bunch of shadows to come after me... another rollback -sigh- eventually I was able to kill without incidents but it was a messy fight because i had to keep klaus away from my houndius shootius and away from the rook figures during new moon. Messiest klau fight i have ever had. But, I guess funny to story to share...

xGbTgus.jpg

I wish Klei would do some coding to fix the loot stash spwn like make it NOT spawn in certain areas that has certain types of turf, just like how lureplants cannot be spanwed in wood turf, etc... that would be wonderful.

PS. I didn't open the loot stash yet, I think I have no choice but "wall floor" the entire area so it doesn't spawn in that spot again :/

On 3/14/2018 at 2:16 AM, jesuisralph said:

This method doesn't seem to work, it does seems like random. I was at the Mosaic area from early fall till winter day 3 and when I came back to my base, the loot stash spawned in a pretty bad spot.

Hmm.. maybe you should look for it on Mosaic before going back to your base?

as I said, this method worked for me many many winters and it still working fine, here is my last winter

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS:

before winter comes stay at Mosaic for 2-4 days and start to look for the Loot there, don't go to your base immediately!! 

8 hours ago, mzajy said:

Hmm.. maybe you should look for it on Mosaic before going back to your base?

as I said, this method worked for me many many winters and it still working fine, here is my last winter

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS:

before winter comes stay at Mosaic for 2-4 days and start to look for the Loot there, don't go to your base immediately!! 

It doesn't work for me, I think it's because I set my world winter feast theme :/

On 3/21/2018 at 5:34 AM, jesuisralph said:

It doesn't work for me, I think it's because I set my world winter feast theme :/

I don't think so.. maybe because you always play coop? it might affect it somehow..

try it alone and see..

ironically it spawn on the same place as last winter from my old post :D 

Archived