Water Vapor physic?

I was thinking and I thought 'Where does used water for plants go?' And noticed there wasn't anything in place for that. Maybe plants and Algae terrariums could have a vapor/steam output along with other outputs that already exist? this would help with the Realism of the game as well as not just have water 'disappear' forever. This would also be good for food that has Rotted, because where else would the fluid go? It'd make this both easier and at the same time A challenge, because It could possibly start raining or wetting a room, And would make players think of building something, like a large terrarium room to collect water from plants grown or used to create oxygen.I know steam geysers are the only 'Infinite' water source, but This just adds a neat solution in case you can't find the water geyser or If no one wants to risk damaging machines and pipes from the overheating. Wouldn't it be neat if you could make a room start raining?

This was a let down for me, you can't seem to make a closed system. I'd like vapor as a gas, and combine it with a Dehumidifier and Humidifier, and have it pool when cool enough.
Also if retained water was simulated for creatures and plants, that'd be cool, so when they can only produce so much liquid (urination/regurgitation/decomposition), but maybe that's too advance. However if compost-piles and such produced a sterile slime you could reclaim liquid from, that'd be a step forward into making longer games possible without an infinite source of water.

Suggested multiple times, but it's actually complex and really hard to design well. It sounds good at first, but the more you think about it, the more problems pop up: puddles (that the game handles badly), lack of cost for farming, possible performance problems (especially if vapor followed semi-realistic rules), necessity of rebalancing all water-related systems to handle new water balance. That's not all.

It would need to be a massive redesign, not a tacked on mechanic.

Well vapor is just a form of 'steam' at a lower temperature. If anything, they won't need to add 'humidity' or anything, Just make Steams liquid state (water) at a lower temperature, Then have plants (and maybe life forms. 'sweating' is a thing.) Emit small amounts of steam. Yes it would create a bit of a problem with puddles (very rarely though. Not all plants use up water anyway.) and it'd be neat to have some reclamation of resources. Resources don't just 'get lost' anyway, there is some reclamation process that could take place, Which can make the game all the more realistic (if that's what they're aiming for. It seems pretty realistic currently in physics.) And it'd be cool to have a farming room that can just have 'rain' in it.

Perhaps just add in a dehumidifier that will condense water out of oxygen/polluted water out of polluted oxygen? {Perhaps at a very slow rate, or a very high elec cost but minimal 02 usage}

This would work pretty well as a stop gap measure and allow for a higher degree of self sufficiency without having to rely on the geysers?

{There  is the other way to generate water, by locking a bunch of overly stressed angry criers into a room and collecting their tears, but it's long term viability is suspect. :p }

I think the problem is that currently you have to introduce an infinite source (steam/vomit/tears), when it's kind-of a game about a closed-environment. For me, that's a bit of a shame, but as I and others have mentioned, I think other ways of simulating that are a dehumidifier and a waste liquid from algae and other plants.Spitballing, not claiming to have all the answers, but I'm kind of disappointed with having to find ways cheat water into existence 

Archived