Pair off the player characters for a completely uncalled for shipping thread!

It's a party and everyone needs dance partners so make some freaking ships m'kay?

Wes and Wigfrid - The Adamant Performers

Wolfgang and Woodie - The Manly Man's Men

Wilson and Willow - The Combustion Reactors

Wilbur and WX-78 - The Monkey and Wrench

Webber and Wendy - The Dark Duality

Waxwell and Wickerbottom - The Knowledge Seekers

Walani and Winona - The Rose and Riveter

Warly and Woodlegs - The Cook and Captain

Heh.  I notice how you've got most of the already-popular pairings in there (Wendy and Webber, Wilson and Willow, Wigfrid and Wes...)  I'd pair up Wickerbottom with Maxwell, though--the magicians. 

Winona and Walani as rivals is a funny idea...actually, I get the impression that if those two met each other they'd probably get along fairly well.  I don't know why...maybe because they're both kinda casual?  I dunno.

...Notorious

28 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Winona and Walani as rivals is a funny idea...actually, I get the impression that if those two met each other they'd probably get along fairly well.  I don't know why...maybe because they're both kinda casual?  I dunno.

Winona: a workaholic action woman from a factory line

Walani: a worry-less surfer dudette from polynesia

Sure, they'd compliment each other and probably find common ground as strong independent women in the long term, but on the surface they have very little in common. So I think they'd probably try to prove that their work ethic and approach is superior before eventually giving up and coming to terms with their differences.

Props for first legit response :)

10 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

can i say "wilson shagged a pig" on the klei forums?

It's definitely canon.

18 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Hamlet is retconning that.

Ha, I forgot about Hamlet! Maybe society's just evolved to the point where they'll let the girl pigs out of the house now?

Regardless its gonna be some freakin weird DLC if they actually make it balanced, seems like a fusion of RPG with Survival, what with all the dungeon crawling and the reliance on NPC interactions for survival.

There's also some pathos to the idea that the primitive species that you befriended and nurtured has now spawned a draconian society which constitutes your only means of survival and will probably never accept you as one of their own.

Also BUILDINGS HAVE INTERIORS. HOW'S THAT DONE THEN?

48 minutes ago, minespatch said:

ss_3bad364e5edf9341651527841706038f735b9

They have businesses apparently.

And parallel currencies for some reason. How you get here is what I'm concerned about. I mean do you warp here when you click on one of the tiny mock structures, or is the whole place "modelled" on the outside?

Loving the georgian hair and teeth on her ;).

2 hours ago, CosmoKine said:

...still doesn't explain how the pigs reproduce when they're apparently an all male society.

It's possible they're like J.R.R. Tolkien's dwarves. Perhaps the female pigs are so alike to the males that it's makes it difficult for other races to tell them apart.

16 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's possible they're like J.R.R. Tolkien's dwarves. Perhaps the female pigs are so alike to the males that it's makes it difficult for other races to tell them apart.

Perhaps they're underdeveloped characters from 3 crappy prequels.

Also, why is Wilber dancing? Your explanation for this topic makes no sense.

37 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Perhaps they're underdeveloped characters from 3 crappy prequels.

Also, why is Wilber dancing? Your explanation for this topic makes no sense.

It was meant to be a thinly veiled and poorly justified shipping thread, however it was swiftly derailed into wild speculations on the inner lives and origins of pigmen. Yeah.

1 hour ago, CosmoKine said:

It was meant to be a thinly veiled and poorly justified shipping thread, however it was swiftly derailed into wild speculations on the inner lives and origins of pigmen. Yeah.

Welcome to the Klei forums! Going off topic with lore speculation is our specialty!

Archived