Should I spawn in the DoyDoy that got killed by snakes?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Raspberry Milk    247

It had taken a while, but I had found a good base island. it was mostly jungle, and just a small beach, but surrounded by other, more useful islands, all a short boat trip away. And besides, I didn't have any more time to look, seeing as I had spent more time then I should looking for one. I started setting up my base when I saw something horrible.

TWO DOYDOY FEATHERS

It turned out I had decided to base on one of the DoyDoy islands, and the DoyDoy had been killed by snakes.

Should I spawn them in on another island?

Raspberry Milk    247
1 hour ago, SandvichSpy said:

Do whatever helps you sleep at night.

I'm torn. On one side is doing it legit and losing late game potential, but on the other side is losing the claim of " I did this all legit "

Atsumame    51

Imo a big part of the game is learning from your mistakes. And if you want to continue your save file, dealing with them.

Anyways doydoys are an overrated luxury; if you relied on doydoys for food or tropical fans then you will start to learn about alternative methods of achieving the same goals.

Raspberry Milk    247
1 hour ago, Atsumame said:

Imo a big part of the game is learning from your mistakes. And if you want to continue your save file, dealing with them.

Anyways doydoys are an overrated luxury; if you relied on doydoys for food or tropical fans then you will start to learn about alternative methods of achieving the same goals.

But I need them for food! I was stupid and choose a huge world, so I don't have any poop to farm with yet!

Atsumame    51
1 hour ago, Raspberry Milk said:

But I need them for food! I was stupid and choose a huge world, so I don't have any poop to farm with yet!

If you relied on doydoys and farms as you main source of food in shipwrecked I suggest exploring other food sources.

For example you could make a snake skin hat and murder as much jellyfish as you want since it will protect you from the electric shocks they do.

You can move sea weed plants by collecting them with a trawl net: eventually you can have a massive plantation that give you 2 stacks of sea weed per harvest.

Food rain from chopping those jungle trees: snakes are gonna give you monster meat, bananas are really good in this because of banana pops and finally eggs are just nice.

Then you have fish farms which are new to the recent update shipwrecked got, will flood you with fish if you build multiple and stock them.

Obviously don't forget that crockpots are your best friend.

Raspberry Milk    247
16 hours ago, Atsumame said:

If you relied on doydoys and farms as you main source of food in shipwrecked I suggest exploring other food sources.

For example you could make a snake skin hat and murder as much jellyfish as you want since it will protect you from the electric shocks they do.

You can move sea weed plants by collecting them with a trawl net: eventually you can have a massive plantation that give you 2 stacks of sea weed per harvest.

Food rain from chopping those jungle trees: snakes are gonna give you monster meat, bananas are really good in this because of banana pops and finally eggs are just nice.

Then you have fish farms which are new to the recent update shipwrecked got, will flood you with fish if you build multiple and stock them.

Obviously don't forget that crockpots are your best friend.

I know the food in SW, and am living of a diet of Jam, Seaweed, and those fruit drink things. It's not that I don't have lots of food, it's that I'm playing Warly

Edited by Raspberry Milk