After Winter's Feast...Feedback

So i may be the only one, but I did not enjoy how the chests were set up this time. I ended up with one Winter's Feast chest the entire event, the rest of the event all I got was the Curio Chests and even from THOSE, all I got was...profile icons or the occasional common clothing item. And i played to get my 4 drops every week.

Seriously. I didn't get a single winter item related to a character, i didn't get any vignettes or profile backgrounds. I didn't even get FUN profile icons. 

I got ornament icons, and a few t-shirts. 

I dunno, at least with the Forge, i was entertained by what i got out of the chests. A lot of duplicates i could unravel to craft what i wanted, etc. Here, i got duplicates alright...but they unravel for like 5 spools, because they're all ornament profile icons, so it's not like i could even CRAFT what i wanted with what i ended up getting. I had already bought the supporter bundle the moment it came out, but if i hadn't? If i hadn't, i'd have 0 pieces of winter costumes for characters and a handful of spools to not craft them with

Just wanted to leave my feedback on this. I felt that the Curio Chests were very disappointing and i only saw one Winter's Feast chest at the very beginning of the event and never again.

I got two elegant items from the Classic Curio Chests. Or was it one? In such case the other one dropped from a normal gift (to my delight). The other that dropped from one of the Classic Curio Chest was an Arctic Vargling, which would have been nice if I wasn't for the fact that I already had it.

Since it was a Penglet I had been hoping for I tried my luck in the trading subforum. It didn't take long before someone wanted to trade their Penglet for my Arctic Vargling and two classy doubles.

In the end all expectations worked out and I am super happy with the drops and Winter's Feast overall. It probably would have felt alot less rewarding if one was only to open a few chests, I'd imagine, but I think that the chance of getting elegants and distinguished items was rather high.

then i must be REALLY unlucky because i got nothing but common shirts and ornament profile icons =/ it felt like the curio chest had HORRIBLE odds of getting anything good out of them. IT was more frustrating opening those chests than fun, because i kept getting deja vu drops

i cannot comment on Winter's Feast chest, because i only got one of those

Sounds like you had tough luck. :v I opened 2-4 gifts / week for the duration of the event and it didn't turn out bad at all! Now I realize that I also burned all my common + classy doubles in the Trade Inn which yielded a handful of Winter's Feast Chests. Most of the Winter's Feast Chests had indeed common profile icons doubles for me as well. Did you open more than 15 gifts (including chests) in total?

i opened my weekly 4 since it started

so it started on the 18th, i already had my drops for that week, so i opened 8 chests for the 2 weeks that Winter's Feast went on for.

1 of those was a Winter's Feast chest, the other 7 curio chests. Nothing but common clothing or ornament portrait icons for me out of any of them. Mostly ornament portrait icons, i'm 1 common short of having been able to do a Trade Inn 

Looks like we had the same luck. My drops were also limited to common shirts, pleated shirts and an occasional silk robe. My activity wall has been full of people getting elegants out of the chests or regular in game, so I guess we're just extremely unlucky at this point. Nothing to do about it. 

1 minute ago, Kittydub said:

Looks like we had the same luck. My drops were also limited to common shirts, pleated shirts and an occasional silk robe. My activity wall has been full of people getting elegants out of the chests or regular in game, so I guess we're just extremely unlucky at this point. Nothing to do about it. 

indeed, seems that way, though maybe in the future there can be less profile icons and more common items so that we at least can trade inn the drops...as it is profile icon drops are bloody useless becuase you get so many, can't trade them inn, and can unravel them for a pitiful amount of spools

I haven't got a single winter chest. Got one but that was from trade inn. They were replacing all classy drops, so there is a chance of not getting any.
I got many curio chests and I'm glad. Even if their content is not satisfying, it's still 4 times more items than usually.
 I'm sure curio chests had the same chance of each rarity like with regular drops before event. Just 4 items instead of one. Well, I think that drop chances got boosted during the event, like the last year. I'm not complaining, I think I got 3 distinguished items and elegant one (sadly Wes triumphant, so pretty cheap). And I got all my 4 drops for week before event started, I believe, so lost 4 chances of getting curio chests. Also I have 1 drop remaining now, too.

2 minutes ago, Jynn said:

profile icon drops are bloody useless becuase you get so many, can't trade them inn, and can unravel them for a pitiful amount of spools

That's truuuuuue, unfortunately. :v I also got many copies of some of the common profile icons. Six or seven of one? They were instantly unraveled, because like you wrote, there isn't anything to with them. Worth mentioning is that I waited for the last day of the event to craft all the items that I wanted to craft. For the chests I opened a few on Christmas Eve and the rest at the end of the event.

maybe they can make profile icons used in the trade in at least...then it won't be such a huge disappointment when you open 5 chests and get nothing but those, and they won't be as useless because you can at least turn them into something

i don't count unraveling them as useful because you get 5 spools. Even a handful of icons will still net you barely enough to weave anything

2 minutes ago, JustinMark309 said:

I was ballen out with the gifts with the forge... It felt like Christmas lol

i'm glad it was christmas for someone =P for me it didn't feel anything like christmas beyond the tree i had. Would open gifts and get the same thing over and over, something that i couldnt' even Trade Inn or unravel to craft things i wanted. Yay holiday cheer lol XP

I'm also one who didn't get anything useful... tho I got more winter chests, nothing I really wished for, also not a single elegant. (In my opinion, even the distinguised icons or loading screens are not that good... idk, maybe it's just me who doesn't like them?) So I guess it's just that we didn't have that much luck as some others. Better luck next time! ( ... Hopefully... )

Spoiler

TRINKET_24 = "I've never been lucky.", --Lucky Cat Jar

LUCKY_GOLDNUGGET = "Luck has long since abandoned me...",

Some quotes for you to cheer up feel together?

So I just bought the whole winter skin pack... :) and honestly, I think it was totally worth it. I like them in general much more than the Forge skins, so it was much more worth even if it had only 6 characters' skins.

I didn't even do the tree thing... Some click online tried and I tried it with them and stuff  didn't work lol

2 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Am I the only person who didn't really like the forge?

Why the game play or no real campaign, free movement no the board?

9 minutes ago, JustinMark309 said:

I didn't even do the tree thing... Some click online tried and I tried it with them and stuff  didn't work lol

Why the game play or no real campaign, free movement no the board?

I'm just more into the survival aspect of the game, and I aren't really into the P v E genre.

My luck with the winter and curio chests was fine, I guess. I didn't get any elegants, but I did manage to get a duplicate shadow suit to trade away sometime later, and some spiffy backpack skins. It was about time I got those too, since I put most of mine in the trade-inn and I didn't like the result. ;-;

Still, I feel ya, man. I got as many common shirts as those untradable ornament icons, which usually happened to be duplicates as well. Got rid of most of my commons and classies in the trade-inn just like everybody else, and in return I just got some spools from duplicate winter backgrounds and more duplicate ornament icons, arrrrrrrrrrrrg!

I've bought the complete Forge character set before, but I just couldn't justify buying the entire Snowfallen set this time around. I dunno, maybe I just didn't want to spend a lot of money at one time again, especially for character I don't really play as, such as Wolfgang and Wicker. Ended up just buying Willow's set, and so far I'm happy with it.

At least the event was nice, though. Got enough yellow and green gems in my server to start thinking about going down in the ruins again.

So far, this seems more like a “How was your luck with the drops?” thread than a Winters Feast feedback thread. My luck was not great, but so what? That doesn’t really have any bearing on the overall merit of the event.

I really like this event, from the Christmas trees, lights and baubles to the treat drops, but most of all the extra shots at Klaus. One seldom cited benefit for base builders are the tree planters, which let you place trees that won’t cycle through all three growth phases. These are really great for design with or without decorations. I also stocked upon gift wrap, which is a very cheap form of bundling perfectly suited to bringing health foods to a boss fight because it doesn’t leave you with a piece of wax paper you’ve got to carry back afterward.

13 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

So far, this seems more like a “How was your luck with the drops?” thread than a Winters Feast feedback thread. My luck was not great, but so what? That doesn’t really have any bearing on the overall merit of the event.

I really like this event, from the Christmas trees, lights and baubles to the treat drops, but most of all the extra shots at Klaus. One seldom cited benefit for base builders are the tree planters, which let you place trees that won’t cycle through all three growth phases. These are really great for design with or without decorations. I also stocked upon gift wrap, which is a very cheap form of bundling perfectly suited to bringing health foods to a boss fight because it doesn’t leave you with a piece of wax paper you’ve got to carry back afterward.

feedback so far from this thread is to make profile icons usable in the trade inn so that they're at least useful for something since they're waht we got 95% of the time and couldn't use them for anything, or unravel them for a measly 5 spools

considering the number of them you get, and 5 spools a icon, it's STILL not enough to weave any of the clothing items. Having them in the trade inn would at least make them less of a disappointment to get over and over again

but i guess just skimming the thread, those points would be easily missed

Archived