Human Frog was found in the game

For a second there I thought the original poster found somebody playing Frog from Chrono Trigger as a modded-in character, and thought THAT was too powerful...  (Wouldn't be surprised if there was a mod for that, but not gonna look for it right now.)

Merms are indeed annoying...but OP?  eehhhh...

...Notorious

On January 12, 2018 at 8:35 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

For a second there I thought the original poster found somebody playing Frog from Chrono Trigger as a modded-in character, and thought THAT was too powerful...  (Wouldn't be surprised if there was a mod for that, but not gonna look for it right now.)

Merms are indeed annoying...but OP?  eehhhh...

...Notorious

Although I dislike modded character in general, my nostalgia glands really tingled there! That would be an awesome mod.

I'm really picky about my modded characters...not only do they have to look right (blend in with the art style, dressed like they're from more or less the same time period, be written in a Don't Starvey way) but also of course be balanced/slightly difficult AND, I'm a stickler for this--_the name has to begin with W_.

So far all I've got mod-character-wise is a version of Winnie who tends to starve in the winter without veggies, and the Shipwrecked crew.  : P

...Notorious

On 1/27/2018 at 2:18 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

I'm really picky about my modded characters...not only do they have to look right (blend in with the art style, dressed like they're from more or less the same time period, be written in a Don't Starvey way) but also of course be balanced/slightly difficult AND, I'm a stickler for this--_the name has to begin with W_.

MARRY ME

On 1/27/2018 at 1:18 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

So, not Wugandanknuckles?

Come on, there are 2,399 character mods. Surely they can't all be awful off-theme anime lolis with game breaking powers desu?

Seriously though, these are the only ones I can find, that at least mostly fit with your criteria:

Willoughby the Farmer

He's a bit OP in that he can grow crops (slowly) during Winter. But um... he's kind of pudgy, so I'm pretty sure he loses hunger really fast. And he is vegan. Supposedly they want to put in some kind of dark secret involving bunnies for him, that Woodie might relate to. There's an unrelated hat that comes with the mod, and a few Wilson (not Willoughby) specific recipes. So I imagine he pairs well with Wilson, except um... his sanity drains when he's near Wilson. So there's that.

Wells the Grave Robber

He's Woodie for digging. And considering how little anyone ever has to worry about digging, well... at least he has a ... really nice hat? He does look like he fits in with the time period, and doesn't seem too terribly unbalanced, unless we find ourselves dismayed at the awesome power of his OP shovel.

Weyland the Wanderer

His story is about as well fleshed out as his profession... vaguely and not at all. He's um... balanced though. If you consider losing sanity next to the campfire balanced. Basically he has to wander the night to stay sane, and Charlie does not make an exception for him. He's got a sort of OP spear that acts like a walking cane, but I imagine he quickly dies if you can't get him a lantern.

Wynn the Environmentalist

I know, people weren't exactly "eco-conscious" back in the 1920's, but this is actually a really nice character. The art looks fantastic, and her Recycling perk really fits with the humor of the game I think. (You can craft a "less regal shovel" among other things.)

The same mod author made an interesting mod called "Walker and Wollie" but it's definitely anachronistic.

Walter the Botanist

He comes with a walking cane, but also walks 25% slower than anyone else, so he needs one just to walk at normal speeds. Not an explorer, definitely. He's kind of broken OP since he can just keep farming in Winter, even more than Willoughby who at least has some limitations on that. But he's also vegetarian. Not really a limitation if you can keep cooking up dragon pies, but... thought I'd mention it. The art is really nice looking, and it's nice to see another older character!

I um... haven't tried any of these mods out. Just thought I'd point you to them, if you haven't seen them yet.

I might try them at some point...actually I don't use modded characters that much in general.  I'm still kinda behind on playing the CANON characters "properly".  Like, any Wolfgang or Wickerbottom main would probably gouge their eyes out rather than watch me play those guys, for starters...

(I also already have a vegan character--Winnie.  One's hard enough to keep alive in the winter as it is!  : P  And no, she cannot grow crops in the winter.  At all.  She just grows them faster during the OTHER seasons.)

...Notorious

On 3/9/2018 at 4:06 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

(I also already have a vegan character--Winnie.  One's hard enough to keep alive in the winter as it is!  : P  And no, she cannot grow crops in the winter.  At all.  She just grows them faster during the OTHER seasons.)

Oddly, I didn't see Winnie in the search through the character mods, so I may have missed others. Personally I think I'd go with Willoughby over Winnie and Walter, because

• seriously who doesn't put a tarp over their plants in the winter
  • he's completely adorable
  • they had farmers in the 1920's
  • he doesn't look like a reskinned Wendy
  • he doesn't look like a reskinned Wilson shut up
  • that werebunny thing looks like it could potentially be seriously cool and/or adorable and/or insanity inducing.

But then, I don't really care for character mods either. He's just the one I like best of the three mods. Wickerbottom still owns.

Archived