Let's talk about this Spider Hat

See how that makes no sense? They'll attack you if you wear the hat... A object that looks like the Spider Queen... But not a pig wearing that SAME hat... A object that looks like a Spider Queen

You know would be dope if when you drop the Spider Hat the pigs would aggro on it and knock the durability of the Hat...

What about the sanity gain off the pigs with the hat on?

7 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

There are a lot of seemingly unfinished things, issues, with DST content - again, the fine-tuning - from Worldgen function to character balance, to food and equipment. One can only hope Klei will address/cover said issues in future updates.

Well the character balance thread is already up so I'm not bringing the topic here but about worldgen, food, items. Some need fixing yes. For example nobody would want their Mactusk camp to be next to Guardian pigs or dragonfly being on top of pig king (I've seen this one about 4 times). But some things don't need fixing. They are just usless. Once you have wood armor you won't build grass armor but early on some players can use it. Killing deerclops means you won't need any other water resisting clothing but that still doesn't mean other players won't use them. You can only eat meatballs and pierogi but someone might like to gain health through butterfly muffins or dragonfruit pies. Some things just aren't useful and that's all.

Fine-Tuning lol 

DS came from a dude able to JUST pick up poop lol to now... Able to make farms and fight Monsters to crazy weathers amazing... I just hope their other games aren't taking a higher priority because they're the new kids on the block... Like if I would've made some of these posts 2 to 5 years ago stuff would've addressed in a different mannar then I has to be now... But idk... I can't breath I need oxygen...

Fine-/tuning, yes. Not revamping. We already have said content with its functionality, for example your topic's subject - Spiderhat. What you point is about tuning a bit its behavior on Webber, pigs, bunnymen. Would be hilarious to give that hat to a pig and the rest of them shred Spiderhat-wearing-pig; same with bunnies. Would that be too op? Too niche? Maybe; maybe not (not, in my opinion). Yet would be in-tune with how mobs behave when non-Webber players wear it.

Likewise I think there is one more thing at play when a big chunk of forumites point some items being useless - the "together" aspect of this game: from what I've read here, majority of regular posters play the game alone. So of course rain clothing for instance, after first winter and the Deer's eye, will become obsolete. Yet, if game was played in the "together" vein (as advertised), some of those obsolete/niche/'useless' items could shine for a time in one way or another, as not all players on a server at a given moment could have a Deerclops eye, a MacT tusk, thulecite etc.

PS: Spiderhat is pretty superfluous to a highly competent Webber player. As not getting killed in Bunnymen farms remains the appanage of a mindful non-Webber player. Skill all the way.

41 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Fine-/tuning, yes. Not revamping. We already have said content with its functionality, for example your topic's subject - Spiderhat. What you point is about tuning a bit its behavior on Webber, pigs, bunnymen. Would be hilarious to give that hat to a pig and the rest of them shred Spiderhat-wearing-pig; same with bunnies. Would that be too op? Too niche? Maybe; maybe not (not, in my opinion). Yet would be in-tune with how mobs behave when non-Webber players wear it.

Likewise I think there is one more thing at play when a big chunk of forumites point some items being useless - the "together" aspect of this game: from what I've read here, majority of regular posters play the game alone. So of course rain clothing for instance, after first winter and the Deer's eye, will become obsolete. Yet, if game was played in the "together" vein (as advertised), some of those obsolete/niche/'useless' items could shine for a time in one way or another, as not all players on a server at a given moment could have a Deerclops eye, a MacT tusk, thulecite etc.

PS: Spiderhat is pretty superfluous to a highly competent Webber player. As not getting killed in Bunnymen farms remains the appanage of a mindful non-Webber player. Skill all the way.

It all about surviving at it as a team but main goal of the game is for YOU to survive... And having very valuable things able to get lost/destroyed adds to the game thrill, shock, emotional feelings to get involved... And Bunnyfarms easy to get to rid of, burn them lol

SpiderHat is still useful to Webber because it can wake spiders up in the day!! I don't mean spiders in the dens I mean a sleeping spider out in the world cause it's den or Queen disappeared and it tame WAY more spiders faster all without paying a thing

Hmmm... But carrots tho.... And spicy chili

2 hours ago, JustinMark309 said:

Where did I lie?

about the part of it being useful as webber

as from the wiki:

"Equipping the Spiderhat will make up to 10 nearby Spiders (except for those spawned by Queens) follow the player and fight for them, just like other followers."

so you dont have to feed them. super useful.

and another thing:

"If the player attacks a Spider Den with the hat equipped, the Spiders that come out to defend the nest will instead start to follow the player, although this will not happen if the player is WEBBER."

thats actually a reason to NOT wear it as webber.

6 hours ago, JustinMark309 said:

Where did I lie?

Oh, I could have probably worded that better. I didn't mean you were the one lying. You just wanted us to stop saying the spider hat was bad on Webber. So we would have been the ones lying if we were saying it was actually good.

I think according to Wickerbottom, the spider queen hat uses telekinetic messages to communicate with spiders. The loss of sanity from the hat is probably from two things then. 1) The gruesomeness of wearing a monsters head. 2)The strain on the mind inflicted by the telekinetic powers. Webber's low sanity probably means he would have difficulty handling mind exhausting things like that, therefore his sanity drains despite his probable apathy towards spider guts and corpses.

12 hours ago, Starlogy said:

about the part of it being useful as webber

as from the wiki:

"Equipping the Spiderhat will make up to 10 nearby Spiders (except for those spawned by Queens) follow the player and fight for them, just like other followers."

so you dont have to feed them. super useful.

and another thing:

"If the player attacks a Spider Den with the hat equipped, the Spiders that come out to defend the nest will instead start to follow the player, although this will not happen if the player is WEBBER."

thats actually a reason to NOT wear it as webber.

Only that but beyond that there's a reason

8 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Oh, I could have probably worded that better. I didn't mean you were the one lying. You just wanted us to stop saying the spider hat was bad on Webber. So we would have been the ones lying if we were saying it was actually good.

Then y'all some liars is basically what you just said

1 hour ago, Ridley said:

I think according to Wickerbottom, the spider queen hat uses telekinetic messages to communicate with spiders. The loss of sanity from the hat is probably from two things then. 1) The gruesomeness of wearing a monsters head. 2)The strain on the mind inflicted by the telekinetic powers. Webber's low sanity probably means he would have difficulty handling mind exhausting things like that, therefore his sanity drains despite his probable apathy towards spider guts and corpses.

Spiders give off a sanity draining aura... Which doesn't affect him... plus he can use meat and his mind to control spiders too in game play when you think about it... Same as the Queen

2 minutes ago, JustinMark309 said:

Why it need fixing is what your asking?

my question was clear, as you said yourself, "y'all some liars" when we told you that the hat isn't useful as webber. so i told you why the hat isn't useful as webber, and in fact is WORSE as webber, and then you say "but beyond that, there's a reason to use it" and i ask how it's useful, and then you tell me that it needs to be fixed.

i'm going to ignore this thread so i don't have to make points to someone who either can't or won't listen.

4 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

my question was clear, as you said yourself, "y'all some liars" when we told you that the hat isn't useful as webber. so i told you why the hat isn't useful as webber, and in fact is WORSE as webber, and then you say "but beyond that, there's a reason to use it" and i ask how it's useful, and then you tell me that it needs to be fixed.

i'm going to ignore this thread so i don't have to make points to someone who either can't or won't listen.

Bye... Cause your not seeing the big picture on why it need changing... Like how once was easy to kill a den now they put webbing to slow players down... Your the type that just because it's the way it is now it should stay like that... You believe the Spider Queen should drain his sanity or raise it like pigs and beefalos do normal players Or stay the same it is now?

1 hour ago, JustinMark309 said:

Cause your not seeing the big picture on why it need changing

Well, here's the thing: I don't think anyone else other then you can see the "big picture". Either you're not putting your ideas out there in a clear enough way for others to understand it, or it's just not an issue. I'm guessing it's a bit of both.

Other people care about the spider hat too

Webber Treats
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1171138081

This was before Webber was made...
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/28453-character-webber-the-spider-man-thingy-wip/
Why would he spawn with something that drains his sanity?

Now let's talk about fairness to the lowest sanity player on the game(excluding Wes because he's a challenge character)
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35356-webbers-pig-king-crown/

And alot of other Webber's in here ain't speaking up because most haven't got a crown... The other's aren't Webber mains and don't really care...

But I talk to other Webber mains and they agree about the Spider Hat

Last but not last you gotta take in account the Webber isn't a star in the DST franchise compared to say a Wilson... We gotta thread about how some characters should be reworked on in the main convo is about Wilson... And zero posts about Webber...ijs 

I can link that post too...

Archived