Let's talk about this Spider Hat

Let's take out the followers aspect for a second... Nonspider players can't even be around spiders without their sanity dropping... While Webber can literally hug a Spider Queen and nothing happens to his sanity.... So how is it that he loses sanity for wearing a spider hat like nonspider players?

We're not talking about uselessness here lolol

1 minute ago, JustinMark309 said:

Let's take out the followers aspect for a second... Nonspider players can't even be around spiders without their sanity dropping... While Webber can literally hug a Spider Queen and nothing happens to his sanity.... So how is it that he loses sanity for wearing a spider hat like nonspider players?

We're not talking about uselessness here lolol

I think it makes MORE sense. He's wearing the scalp of his second mother.

Everything with the spiders deals with santy... They even sense them shadows

3 minutes ago, IzzyXD said:

Hey man, he picks & chooses what traumatises his lil primate brain.

Smh lol nothing about spiders drains his sanity... Expect this... You know back in the day the Queen use to drain his sanity... Now it doesn't... So why on Earth is his sanity getting drained by that same Queen?

Well, If I'm correct, you are talking about this. latest?cb=20141007085200 And if so. The reason he loses sanity is because he's wearing the cut off head of a Spider queen. The closest thing he has to a mom in this strange shadow world. Also, Webber is one of the "middle" characters. Anyone can play a Webber. Not only new players. So no need to worry about that. I'm a Webber main myself. But yeah, he's wearing the head of a potential mother. Not the most comforting idea for him... And there is a cannon reason he can't see in the dark. That's because you(The player) see from the Kid part of Webber. This being because Webber is 2 people in 1. A small boy eaten by a Spider. The spider can see in the dark, sure. But not the boy. And his overall sanity is low because he's still young and trapped inside a Spider. Hope this clears some stuff up! -A.R

I always thought webber should be able to befriend queens while using a spiderhat. Before saying it's too OP please take a brief moment to analyze it: 

1. The hat drops sanity pretty fast and he has very little already
  2. Spiderhats dont last too long, to accomplish something meaningful you'd probably need more than one.
  3. Queens don't exist too long before becoming a nest.
  4. Queens are too slow to carry around to places too far away of their spawning location. 

I believe its pretty niche and would add something useful for him lategame.Just synchronizing the queen spawning to fight some boss would be troublesome, require preparation, knowledge, and proper timing, replacing the main advantage everyone else has of recruiting bunnymen.

23 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I always thought webber should be able to befriend queens while using a spiderhat. Before saying it's too OP please take a brief moment to analyze it: 

1. The hat drops sanity pretty fast and he has very little already
  2. Spiderhats dont last too long, to accomplish something meaningful you'd probably need more than one.
  3. Queens don't exist too long before becoming a nest.
  4. Queens are too slow to carry around to places too far away of their spawning location. 

I believe its pretty niche and would add something useful for him lategame.Just synchronizing the queen spawning to fight some boss would be troublesome, require preparation, knowledge, and proper timing, replacing the main advantage everyone else has of recruiting bunnymen.

Thoughts on the sanity drain?

On 1/4/2018 at 3:07 PM, Angel_Octoling said:

Well, If I'm correct, you are talking about this. latest?cb=20141007085200 And if so. The reason he loses sanity is because he's wearing the cut off head of a Spider queen. The closest thing he has to a mom in this strange shadow world. Also, Webber is one of the "middle" characters. Anyone can play a Webber. Not only new players. So no need to worry about that. I'm a Webber main myself. But yeah, he's wearing the head of a potential mother. Not the most comforting idea for him... And there is a cannon reason he can't see in the dark. That's because you(The player) see from the Kid part of Webber. This being because Webber is 2 people in 1. A small boy eaten by a Spider. The spider can see in the dark, sure. But not the boy. And his overall sanity is low because he's still young and trapped inside a Spider. Hope this clears some stuff up! -A.R

So eating his babies is perfectly fine?

2 minutes ago, JustinMark309 said:

And if the spider side can see in the dark... Then where is his SLIGHT night vision?

7 minutes ago, JustinMark309 said:

This just like how people defended Webber losing sanity from a Queen

11 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

They do. You'll see the devs pop up now and then. They like to do a lot of lurking around here.

Really,they do? I tought it was just a forum for players to discuss the ideas,and nobody from Klei actually ever reads them...

1 minute ago, Wilson_pl said:

Really,they do? I tought it was just a forum for players to discuss the ideas,and nobody from Klei actually ever reads them...

Yep, they're around. JoeW, Nome and V2C seem to be the most active devs on the fourms. Like I said, they tend to mostly do a lot of lurking so it's unknown just how much they actually read. It's even extra rare for them to comment on balance/gameplay discussions. Well, outside of beta content that is...

5 hours ago, Faintly Macabre said:

If they responded to every single person demanding their answer they'd waste a whole lot of time. This is a complete non-issue. No Webber players use the hat. It doesn't last long and monster meat is abundant to the point of absurdity.

really, no one uses the hat at all.

9 hours ago, Faintly Macabre said:

If they responded to every single person demanding their answer they'd waste a whole lot of time. This is a complete non-issue. No Webber players use the hat. It doesn't last long and monster meat is abundant to the point of absurdity.

How do u know we don't use the hat?

4 hours ago, Starlogy said:

really, no one uses the hat at all.    

So your speaking for every player ever?

I'm noticing that there's alot of trolls here... For no reason smh

Oh yeah at one point in time the spider queen would drain Webber's sanity like everyone else and people defended why he should lose sanity to it... But Klei changed it so he wouldn't lose it... So why would he lose it to that same queen

10 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

you're wearing the severed head of another creature - even more so, a nasty one - what did you expect?!)

Hey Webber eating toxic meat with no downsides and living around sanity draining creatures but no sanity drain...

Plus that hat does some things that Webber can't do so chill young chap

3 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I actually use it. Webber's biggest perk is starting spider wars, and this hat lets you do just that using anyone else.

Dope I didn't know that

6 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

You're all not seeing the real reason people wear this hat.

Wow I didn't know that either

6 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

I mean... I don't really see the use of spider hat that much. If you want to farm spiders then build some bunny hutches around spider nest.

If you want to use spiders as a way of dealing with hounds/bosses then spiders are going to die to aoe attacks or mees with boss aggro.

When I get spider hats from my farm I give it to pigman/bunnyman. I don't really have any use for that item. I guess you can use that to lower your sanity but then again. Eat glomer goop, hold dark sword, use nightmare amulet.

Just now, Szczuku said:

I mean... I don't really see the use of spider hat that much. If you want to farm spiders then build some bunny hutches around spider nest.

If you want to use spiders as a way of dealing with hounds/bosses then spiders are going to die to aoe attacks or mees with boss aggro.

When I get spider hats from my farm I give it to pigman/bunnyman. I don't really have any use for that item. I guess you can use that to lower your sanity but then again. Eat glomer goop, hold dark sword, use nightmare amulet.

Question: when you give pigs/bunnymen the crown.. do you still gain sanity from them... If so it doesn't make sense... And do the other pigs and bunnymen aggro on that pig/bunnyman wearing it?

8 minutes ago, JustinMark309 said:

Question: when you give pigs/bunnymen the crown.. do you still gain sanity from them... If so it doesn't make sense... And do the other pigs and bunnymen aggro on that pig/bunnyman wearing it?

By giving them hats/helms you DO NOT befriend them. You still have to feed them meat/carrot. And no Pigs and Bunnyman do not attack the pig/bunny wearing Spider hat.

36 minutes ago, JustinMark309 said:

hat does some things that Webber can't do

2 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I don't really see the use of spider hat that much

The only thing Spiderhat apparently has over Webber is not aggro-ing attacked following Spiders or spiders coming out of an attacked Spider Den; yet both aspects can be avoided by a competent Webber player.

If one asks about the reason Klei made it so that Webber cannot wear Spiderhat without sanity penalty or the perk Spiderhat has for non-Webber players: probably Klei didn't bothered with these fine-tuning aspects (supported by the fact Pigmen and Bunnymen wearing Hat are not attacked by their kin like the player is - that would surely make for a most comical way of farming these mobs). There are a lot of seemingly unfinished things, issues, with DST content - again, the fine-tuning - from Worldgen function to character balance, to food and equipment. One can only hope Klei will address/cover said issues in future updates.

Archived