Let's talk about this Spider Hat

I don't get why Webber loses sanity wearing his crown(spiderhat)

Like everything related to spiders shouldn't do nothing to his sanity... I remember when y'all first previewed Webber the spider queen would drop his sanity like other player but y'all fixed that... And I see his crown drains him... Even with him not being able to to make them come out in the day is cool... Just him losing sanity is a huge problem... Please help

Like webber is my main... I never recruited a pigman in my life... 

Like I understand Webber is for newer players but i'm pretty seasoned with Webber... JustinMark309 I play all the time...

Like I understand why even with the crown on spiders don't come out the den... Because Webber has spider feet and other players have human feet... So on the webbing they feel a nonspider and when they come out they see a spider... But if a spider out side their dens, sleep, they wake up and follow because you have a crown on and they need some type of royalty to follow, That makes sense to me... But they're should be perks with a Webber wearing a spider hat like his radius of gathering following spider should be bigger then non spider players and they sanity thing

I understand that spiders are pretty much the dumbest(not smart) mobs in the game but they're my dumb critters and killing them isn't that hard... But they drain the sanity of non spider players all the time... Which makes sense... So with Webber losing sanity makes NO sense at all...

Everyone can agree that in early game he's really useful but in later game his perks aren't really useful any more... Which the spider hat can help... Because even tho Webber can make tier 3 dens fast... Spawning a queen still takes TIME or time AND skill to spawn her... So a spider getting the crown is still a little challenge to get...

And since Webber can't recruit pigman no matter what he does (even with one man band) the crown could give him a slight egde...

Things the crown should do...

NO LOSE IN SANITY

Gains sanity (since he doesn't gain any sanity from no spider even the queen but pigman raises non spider characters sanity)

Drains other non spiders sanity when a Webber wear the hat (like one fourth of what the queen does) would make it more interesting for DST

And night vision... Since Webber is the ONLY spider in the game that can't seeing the dark

And follower range should be bigger then nonspider players

I understand the spiders use each other spider for close to everything (food, health, and some what sanity) so a CROWN on a Webber should be something that's special to the spider community...

Even if y'all can't do that rest of this list can y'all please at least make it so that he doesn't lose sanity from the crown (spider hat) and keep the duration the same...

Just now, GiddyGuy said:

You're quite right but I was looking at his first and second post which had a lot of "likes" starting the sentences.

But like that's not like that much... like? LIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKE

30 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I'm about to trigger every Webber main out there. You have been warned.

Hide contents

Spider hat > Webber

I mean considering that it basically gives you the ability that Webber has + whatever character you're playing as well Webber mains cannot really argue. The only thing it doesn't give is the ability to eat monster meat with no penalties and walking on webbing at normal speed.

35 minutes ago, JustinMark309 said:

You played as Webber?

Nope looks like they were playing Wx-78.

9 minutes ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

I mean considering that it basically gives you the ability that Webber has + whatever character you're playing as well Webber mains cannot really argue. The only thing it doesn't give is the ability to eat monster meat with no penalties and walking on webbing at normal speed.

Nope looks like they were playing Wx-78.

Yes but it drains Webber's sanity... And it gains free follower at no cost... 

40 minutes ago, JustinMark309 said:

Yes but it drains Webber's sanity... And it gains free follower at no cost... 

Yeah, the spider hat is pretty useless for Webber, but a character making an item useless isn't something exclusive to just Webber. Normal spears and football helmets are useless to Wigfrid. Sanity clothing is kinda useless for Maxwell. A normal axe is useless to Woodie (although DST makes any axe into Lucy now). A science machine is useless to Wickerbottom...

I'm sure there's more examples, but you get my point. I don't see why this is such a big deal.

Just now, Cyberboy2000 said:

No, On Tentacles needs alchemy engine

thats the one thing you need an alchemy engine for though, past that she gets every recipe with just a science machine with significantly less resources.

but this is about the spider hat, not wickerbottom, lets get back on topic before derailing.

9 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Yeah, the spider hat is pretty useless for Webber, but a character making an item useless isn't something exclusive to just Webber. Normal spears and football helmets are useless to Wigfrid. Sanity clothing is kinda useless for Maxwell. A normal axe is useless to Woodie (although DST makes any axe into Lucy now). A science machine is useless to Wickerbottom...

I'm sure there's more examples, but you get my point. I don't see why this is such a big deal.

Wigfrid can still use them items without getting punished for doing so plus it's beneficial to the team... Maxwell again no penalty and can be useful to the team...

Wicker still needs machines for her...

11 minutes ago, PillsStealer said:

I mean idk about you, but I would lose sanity if I were wearing a decapitated head of my own species... especially if the head comes from a mother.

But killing your babies to feed on wouldn't do nothing to you?

9 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

i think the same happens with the one man band with webber but I havent teseted that so dont quote me on it

Nope they still hate Webber... Just follows/chases him longer... 

10 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Plus I wasn't talking about it being useless... I was going mainly at the sanity lost for Webber and not having to pay for followers... 

Archived