Suggestion: Bestiary/Crafting Recipe Book

This is a poll  

2 members have voted

1. 1. You like what I be putting down, eh?

• Yup
    • Nup

What I'm suggesting is a universally accessible (from the menu) journal that gets updated with entries for entities that are interacted with or unlocked in any game.

Entries would include a 1-2 line description, a pic, some vague category specific characteristics (e.g. Nourishment = Low), and, in the case of craftables, the required materials and station.

My reasoning is that time is ALWAYS at a premium in Don't Starve, and any extended time taken looking at real-time menus and examining random objects to figure out how they all connect is time that will probably kill you. Sure you can always just go to the wiki, but its a bit dense and immersion breaking.

If anyone's played Spelunky (another extremely punishing roguelike), that game's journal is what I'm thinking of.

Please give feedback, even if its a simple yes or no. Thanks!

It would certainly be awesome. Another plus is that on the wiki you're exposed to a bunch of spoilers on diferent things, where as an in-game bestiary would only show what you have seen/ interacted with while playing. Plus, it saves you time!

Archived