Zek's Antics Reborn

Zeklo

With the new year I thought it fitting to finally go ahead and replace my graveyard of an art thread!

Now I say art, but for those of you who may be unfamiliar with my previous thread I do a multitude of things apart from just art. I can't say I'm a super active artist, but I've recently gotten a drawing pad so I'm looking to improve my digital art. As a person I tend to stick to two extremes with my creations: overly dark or overly quirky. I also like to use a lot of symbolism and morals in my works, so always try and keep an eye out for the subtle things! There are exceptions of course, but that's my typical thought process. Due to this my style is often scratchy and rough. I'm trying to get better at doing nice clean lines digitally but I find that much easier to do with traditional works. It's a learning process though, and I'm appreciative of any support!

Here are some recent examples of my stuff, including a work in progress!

oZcmB59.pngWa6u60T.png

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Alright, I guess I'll have to wait and see what this design is for.

Well you weren't exactly wrong. I've been messing with the idea of making this particular story into an RPG. It would work, but there are plenty of ways to tell a story so unsure yet. Plus I already have a different RPG project I'm "working on", not to mention a ton of side projects—though for better or for worse most of those projects have pretty much been put on hold, most likely permanently, to some unforeseen circumstances.

Spoiler

To those of you who were ever in my personal discord "Nexus of Antics", it was called Nexus for a reason—I just never had the confidence to finalize it. In fact, my self doubt eventually shut it down—twice. No one was ever really active here so I didn't dare try and expand further. But I kept working on these anyway up until a few weeks back.

Rp5JTHX.png

Kudos if you recognize these icons. I never got around to giving the last two pictures before I stopped working on them—the P's meaning PENDING fyi, so there's no hints there. Heh.

So who knows what'll end up happening in the mean time. Been super stressed out with school recently (that is to say more than the usual), and other pointless drama. Luckily I've met some cool people that have been picking up my days even just the slightest bit.

42 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Same story that the character you designed will be made for?

Nah, the science kiddo is apart of the same story as the one eyed dude-when they were younger. The working title I had for that is obsolete now so I need to replace it.

This thing is for I guess something D&D ish..? I'm not super fond of D&D so I'd probably make my own system.

The general idea is simple: Zombie Apocalypse but... set in a fantasy world. Cuz zombie ogres are fun amirite.

There's not really a story there. Just a concept that sounded fun.

Fun Fact: I spelt the word "Parallel" wrong in the logo the first time, and yet the file name was just fine. Hek

Anyway, this one's simple, but it really captured the feel I was going for. A bit hard to read I suppose, but eh. It doesn't usually have the grey background—that's just to separate the white parts on the forums.

qsVwlAJ.png

You're stuck in a room. You're all stuck in a room. The same room. But noone is in the same place. There's something else in the room. The same room. But which room is it in? You wish you knew.

Yes, that's as confusing as it sounds.

This is neither the piece I intended to make, nor includes science kiddo—they've entered idea limbo. Might have a replacement for them, but we'll see where the design process takes me. Either way, I'm super happy with this.

Also just a tip: When unsure how to draw the inside of a missing eye. Do not look up references. Just don't.

Anyway here's four spooked kiddos:

Skv2bwG.png

Things can be hidden in the light, just as they can in the dark.

Edit2: No wait, I didn't mix up the eyes. lol

10 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

I turned up the saturation. Still can't find the fourth kid though...

Also, I really like the style of this and the last drawing you posted. It's cute! A spoonful of moe helps the horror go down~

Thanks, yeah the fourth kiddo was intended to just be a joke at first, but I figured some people might end up looking for them, so I sketched them in real quick. In short, they look kinda eh, so it might be best they remain unknown~

On 1/18/2018 at 1:32 AM, Zeklo said:

Also just a tip: When unsure how to draw the inside of a missing eye. Do not look up references. Just don't.

Anyway here's four spooked kiddos:

nbavc59.png

It’s too late I’ve already looked it up, a tip to you, don’t look up references for burn wounds. :)

the kiddos be givin me coraline vibes

Facial emotion practice. Turned out alright.

IkPoxAi.png

Edit:

Spoiler

Ran out of time for this piece, only got some of the sketch work down, so I changed things up a bit and created an effect I really like.

I wanna return and finish it, but knowing me I'll be a goof and not do that.

JqpYUSE.png

A year had passed since his brother disappeared, and the boy had only just woken up from his coma. With no one there to guide him, he chose to take matters into his own hands, prosthetic ones. While he searched for the last of his family, his brother searched for death—unable to escape the everlasting life brought on by the object around his neck.

Archived