About this new DST main menu... [Suggestions And Feedback])

Show Your Opinions and Vote [Read the post first]  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which menu do/did You like more?

• The New one! I love those animations!
    • I think They are both OK.
    • The Old one for some reason it was somewhat prettier,the new one looks strange,and simply lacks...something.
  2. 2. Would You like to See the option to switch the menu's appearence?

• Yeah! I would finally able to switch back to my good'ol Main Menu I liked!
    • Well,Yeah,additional options of customization wouldn't be bad...
    • I agree,because I understand that the people have different likes and opinions,and It Would be good,if both sides could be happy.
    • Nah,what the heck for?! The New Menu is amazing,so what for changing it back? I don't care what other people think! :)))

Hello,I would like to share my toughts about this new animated main menu.

Honestly,it's quite nice,quite well animated,though a little bit...different. It lacks something. Some...Atmosphere.

In my opinion,the old menu had it's climate. Even Though I think,that the animated menu from The Forge suits it very well,animated menu not so much to the regular game alrighty.

Mainly,I think here that animated menu's should only appear during very special events,like The Forge. Maybe we could get our old menu back? Or at least an option to do so?

On 1/1/2018 at 11:08 PM, SuperDavid said:

this new dst main menu I like it better because it's easy to mod it to something different.

You're also forgetting that completely replacing the main menu not only left players that liked the old one better a bitter taste, but that it also made some mods useless.

5 hours ago, Residays said:

You're also forgetting that completely replacing the main menu not only left players that liked the old one better a bitter taste, but that it also made some mods useless.

The best thing in my opinion would be if Klei added an option to toggle between the different main menu layouts (without them being made into skins and having to pay for them) though I doubt they would do that. So the new layout I like better since it can be modded to look like something else easier than the old one.

15 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

The best thing in my opinion would be if Klei added an option to toggle between the different main menu layouts (without them being made into skins and having to pay for them) though I doubt they would do that. So the new layout I like better since it can be modded to look like something else easier than the old one.

Yes, toggling it would solve everything except Klei is too silent for us to do much.

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

IT's rude to bump threads for self-interest. Unless its a art, fiction, or along the lines, this should be closed.

Sorry, I had to. I just had to.

Otherwise, this thread would die, just like hundreds of my suggestions, and thousands of other people's suggestions.

On 16.4.2018 at 8:53 AM, Wilson_pl said:

Sorry, I had to. I just had to.

Otherwise, this thread would die, just like hundreds of my suggestions, and thousands of other people's suggestions.

"To hold off the inevitable a bit longer."

I don't see much point bringing back a thread in such a case. People have told their opinions, maybe now a few more will, but it's unlikely that they'll keep discussing it long. There has been only a few posts and posters here and this thread died twice already. So it seems to me that this isn't a topic that the community is very excited about. (Not to mention that if many people would start to bump their suggestion threads, they would get burried faster than ever.)

And I'm pretty sure Klei noted this suggestion, despite not saying anything about it. 

About the topic, I wouldn't actually mind if we could toggle the main menu, but I like the new one way more.

Archived