What do You think about the idea? [Read the post first]  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How do You like the idea of Your character wearing a scarf (Or basiclly anything else on neck)?

• Yeah, I like it, I think that would look cool along with my set!
    • More or less,just because of more customization options.
    • No, I think that's enough skins.
  2. 2. Would You like the feature to end up in-game?

• Yeah! When I just imagine it, it looks horribly cool.
    • Well,yeah,I don't really care...
    • No, it would be too much work for Klei to implement it.
  3. 3. Do You think, that the idea has any chance of ending up in-game?

• Yeah! Klei for sure will consider this!
    • Well,maybe,with enough participation,in few years...
    • I don't think so, because there currently doesn't exist any Beta-phase. Maybe in few decades...

Hello,I would like to suggest adding a new "Neck" skin slot,and a few new skin items.

There Would appear on the skin interface new slot : Neck,and for it,new special skin items,so for example ties,bowties,necklaces,or even scarfs.

With different rarities and colours obviously.

What do you think about that? I think that it would be a small,but cool addition - more options to customize our character.

Please,share with Your opinions here.

32 minutes ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

tbh

I think neck skin is pretty bad and underrated, but I rather have a custom wilson beard than anything else really, like the jack frost wilson I'd love to have a white beard and not the same old black beard

I am pretty sure,that Wilson should have a beard just because of the fact of having the snowfallen/shadow skin on him alrighty,not as a separated skin item.

If we're talking equipment slots, why not have a neck slot (so I agree ) but to go with it I'd like backpacks to be able to be equipped over armour, or at least a winter vest, that way I'd have a reason to make one... and then I'd want a skin for it! Oh no, I can see the impending void in my wallet.

On 12/31/2017 at 10:45 AM, Mynzelah said:

If we're talking equipment slots, why not have a neck slot (so I agree ) but to go with it I'd like backpacks to be able to be equipped over armour, or at least a winter vest, that way I'd have a reason to make one... and then I'd want a skin for it! Oh no, I can see the impending void in my wallet.

Uhhh... I am talking about "Neck" SKIN slot,not Equipment slot...

(btw,here's a mod for extra equipment slots)

My bad, I realize you meant for skins. I got caught up in my own thoughts. On the topic of a neck slot I think it's questionable whether implementing it would get you what you want. As it stands some clothing cover up others, and most clothing that would look nice with one of the potential new cosmetics already have a bow tie or something of the sort. It seems to me this would either be a lot of work, or not look very good. (I'm picturing a bowtie over another bowtie if it was done poorly.)

6 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

(btw,here's a mod for that)

That idea is more likely for more options of customizing our character. If for example somebody wants a green tie on Wilson's "Shadow Suit",it just changes the tie's colour,but if somebody wants a green or a red scarf,on the mentioned before "Shadow Suit",it just "puts" on it a scarf.

What is here to misunderstand?

Like SuperDavid said, adding more slots isn't going to be simple as Klei would need to change all of the animations for that. Simply why suggestions like a left hand slot or a feet slot would be too much work. And even if they do take the time to change all of the player animations, they would need to bother with game balancing and such because new equipment slots is a very game-changing mechanic.

On Tuesday, January 02, 2018 at 7:38 AM, JohnWatson said:

... they would need to bother with game balancing and such because new equipment slots is a very game-changing mechanic.

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Wilson_pl said:

(btw,here's a mod for that)

:?

Spoiler

Oh, this thread is dead... ****

;c

48 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

just not shown in in-game models

well klei should probably first give them necks in game before adding a neck slot because those portraits are lies!!! Illuminati confirmed

5abcec8612144_RealWilson.thumb.png.8c8be4cb06973f2205d3ed399fe286e3.png

Actually I am pretty sure Wes's Shadow clothes have a bandana that still shows up when I hide/overide the torso symbol.

It also is compatible with backpacks, armor etc so its not using those symbols. It seems to be using the pelvis symbol tucked to make it appear over the regular torso.

test.png.a5a80ded6c21999df5af90dbb7cd9c27.png

This was very quickly done, using console commands to clear the torso symbol.

Its clever that is for sure, however it doesn't solve the issue of implementing more symbols.

It is a nice thought, but for me personally I don’t even notice my character’s neck, I’m too busy gathering supplies, preparing for Summer, or a boss fight...or decorating my base. Now if I could customize my Chester or Kitty Kit with pretty bows I would love that.  XD

Archived