10 hours ago, kertinker said:

I think Wolfgang's sanity is fine. It already goes down faster than everyone else in darkness, and when fighting monsters.

The problem is that the drain is pretty negligible. Especially when it comes to insanity auras from monsters. If you fight them in mighty form you're not going to be around them for very long, so you won't lose much sanity.

10 hours ago, kertinker said:

reducing a character's sanity would only make sense if they were naturally insane in the first place, not if they're vulnerable and easily scared.

Well, you have to remember it's not quite "sanity" in the first place. The shadows are real after all. It seems to be more of a summary of the character's mental state in general. I'd imagine being exposed to phobias on a near daily basis could have an effect on that.

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The problem is that the drain is pretty negligible. Especially when it comes to insanity auras from monsters. If you fight them in mighty form you're not going to be around them for very long, so you won't lose much sanity.

Perhaps you're just very good at playing Wolfgang. I know a lot of Wolfgangs go crazy very fast, often forced to fight in wimpy form. Not everyone can easily get him up into mighty form, especially mid game. He's either great for the Ruins, or terrible for the Ruins, depending on if you know what you're doing and you have lots of experience, and that makes him feel like a well balanced character to me. Not starving doesn't necessarily mean overpowered.

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I'd imagine being exposed to phobias on a near daily basis could have an effect on that.

Exposed to phobias, your sanity goes down. Not exposed to phobias, you're fine. Makes sense to me. Webber doesn't have low max sanity because he's getting extra scared a lot. (He's pretty brave, actually!) He has low max sanity because he is being eaten by a giant spider. It's something he has to deal with, that doesn't go away when the sun rises. Wolfgang doesn't have that.

On 4/19/2018 at 8:09 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Well, you have to remember it's not quite "sanity" in the first place. The shadows are real after all. It seems to be more of a summary of the character's mental state in general. I'd imagine being exposed to phobias on a near daily basis could have an effect on that.

Sanity stands for EXPOSURE to shadows. If different Characters have different amounts of Sanity, that should mean something about them.

10% faster sanity drain -if the wiki is correct- from monsters\darkness honestly does nothing since he'll kill things way faster than any other character. Maybe pump it to 40% faster and only summon stronger terrorbeaks (to counter his double damage) would make him actually afraid of going insane as their sanity drain aura can cause him to get out-run by them then.

Archived