Slicksters are stick together and then do not move.

Slicksters are stick together and then do not move.

If carbon dioxide reach them, the Slicksters in first picture do not know to produce crude oil,

but in the second picture, they (or maybe one of them) can produce crude oil.

Because i have expanded my colony way to fast(?), and chlorine have reach them before,

and then i put carbon dioxide back into the area.

What's wrong with it? and what can i do to make them move?

20171219013707_1.jpg

20171219013719_1.jpg

10 minutes ago, clickrush said:

I have a similar problem, some of them are stuck like the ones you have and some of them suck up CO2 indefinitely without producing oil. I think the second issue is already in the tracker.

Use automation. Have two or more separate rooms with slickers. Specifically you need an SR-latch (can be found by searching on the forum). 

16 minutes ago, TheScaryOne said:

Is there any way tp get them go return to hover mode? All of my slicksters are stuck in the oil biome.

Nothing you can do beyond editing the save, which is not exactly simple.
Even if you repair them they can still get stuck in swim mode if they touch liquid the wrong way, again.

Edit: Actually if you flood the cell they are in and let them naturally rise to surface they can swap to hover mode that way. I assume that is what they intended to be the proper way they function. Once they are flying in the air with no valid paths they can travel, they will get stuck.

3 minutes ago, Risu said:

Nothing you can do beyond editing the save, which is not exactly simple.
Even if you repair them they can still get stuck in swim mode if they touch liquid the wrong way, again.

I've found in debug mode simply teleporting the slicksters back into the air fixes their state machine.  If i'm playing in normal mode I'll build mesh tiles to prevent the slicksters from being able to enter liquid in the first place.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Use automation. Have two or more separate rooms with slickers. Specifically you need an SR-latch (can be found by searching on the forum). 

I don't exactly understand what you mean with that. I know what latches are but what exactly would that accomplish?

2 minutes ago, clickrush said:

I don't exactly understand what you mean with that. I know what latches are but what exactly would that accomplish?

Have a room that fills up with CO2 until it reaches 200g/tile. Then close off CO2 until the room is a vacuum again. That makes the slicksters function optimally, and never get stuck.

Then use as many rooms of that type you need to keep up with CO2 production.

When slicksters are stuck (before "taming") i build small area around them, with a trap and flood the area. A pitcherpump is enough, to do it.
When i place slicksters on meshtiles, they never got stuck.
And don't forget to heat your slicksters, around 30-35° bodytemp they die..
image.thumb.png.4109ab5e8400567b61c53e268928532e.png

17 minutes ago, Risu said:

Can use a timer or buffer/filter gates for a simpler solution to let some CO2 in and let the slickster do work in intervals.

An SR latch really isn't that much more complicated. 2 OR gates and 2 NOT gates. That's all.

2017-12-18 (3).png

27 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Have a room that fills up with CO2 until it reaches 200g/tile. Then close off CO2 until the room is a vacuum again. That makes the slicksters function optimally, and never get stuck.

Then use as many rooms of that type you need to keep up with CO2 production.

Thank you very much I didn't realize that slicksters want to operate at that pressure. Also a perfect example for using a latch to work in bulks.

5 hours ago, Saturnus said:

This automation stuff is breaking my brain, it's gargled moon speak from a half eaten chewbaka playing to the tune of the swamp biome's cute sfx. I really need some basic dad starter videos on it. Not to mention, I read that thread a few days ago, not a single person said what a SR-Latch even is or does. Terrifying.

Help me speak the language netSd69.gif

image.thumb.png.f7eec258ca5c3091ad622e8ebd279b8d.png

its a see saw circuit

named SR for being Self Reciprocating

Essentially they use a combination of and gates with not gates to simulate npn transistors and use atmo sensors as the input triggers

This language is Electronics speak not game speak :) but its easy to understand the confusion especially when you can't even find the info in game.

35 minutes ago, eggsvbacon said:

This automation stuff is breaking my brain, it's gargled moon speak from a half eaten chewbaka playing to the tune of the swamp biome's cute sfx. I really need some basic dad starter videos on it. Not to mention, I read that thread a few days ago, not a single person said what a SR-Latch even is or does. Terrifying.

Help me speak the language netSd69.gif

Well. Let's say we have a heating system at home. Because we don't want to constantly be firing the furnace on and off as that would waste fuel we instead want to set a minimum and a maximum temperature. This is what an SR or SET-RESET latch does. It turns the furnace on when the minimum temperature is reached and keep it on until the maximum temperature is reached. At which point it turn off, and stays off until the minimum temperature is reached again.

In other words you use an SR latch when you want to do things in bulks. You start the process with the Set input and you stop the process with the Reset input. You cannot do that without storing information, which is exactly what an SR latch does.It traps a signal so you can only change the output with the opposite input.

18 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Well. Let's say we have a heating system at home. Because we don't want to constantly be firing the furnace on and off as that would waste fuel we instead want to set a minimum and a maximum temperature. This is what an SR or SET-RESET latch does. It turns the furnace on when the minimum temperature is reached and keep it on until the maximum temperature is reached. At which point it turn off, and stays off until the minimum temperature is reached again.

In chemical engineering, this is called a dead-band controller.  Makes more sense ot me than the electronics version.

5 hours ago, TheScaryOne said:

Is the oil they create a fixed temperature, or at their body temperatures? Haven't relocated any out of my oil biome yet, but am planning their pen.

The temperature of the CO2 in their inventory is used.

Archived