Tubular Upgrade Available Now!

• Developer
image.png

Schedule Update

Hey everybody, and welcome to the Tubular Upgrade! The Oxygen Not Included team is going on holiday break so we're squeezing in an early smaller update before we go on vacation. We'll resume our normal update schedule when we return in January.

What's New?

Tubes

Advanced tube technology has been introduce to the world of Oxygen Not Included as a new tier of transportation, above ladders and fire poles. Using refined plastics, you can now craft new Tube buildings throughout your base and drastically improve travel time while sending your Dupes on a ride.

Key Features

• Transit Tubes: New Transit Tubes, Transit Accesses, and Tube Crossings have been added to help your Duplicants zoom from place to place in futuristic style. Tubular!
  • Ice Sculptures: Build new glittering ice sculptures in your base for a well-earned decor boost... but be sure to turn the thermostat down.
  • Berry Sludge: A "delicious" new recipe has been whipped up at the Microbe Musher, creating a sludge of mashed up berries with an exceptionally long spoilage time.
  • QOL, performance enhancements, and more: This will, as usual, address many important bug fixes and game crashes, but more importantly it will drastically improve frame rate and functionality in late game saves or bases that met certain conditions (like a great deal of items in storage, for example). Those who saw frame rate crawl in earlier games should see a major change, so get back out there and push the limits of your base expansion!

Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler

What are the system requirements?
Specs are likely to change, but currently these are the requirements we have. It is highly recommended that you do not purchase if you aren't over this spec as we may have to raise the spec in the future. 

• OS: Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit or Windows 10 64 bit
  • Processor: I5 2.0 GHz Dual core(or AMD equivalent)
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Intel HD 4600 (AMD or NVIDIA equivalent)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 1.5 GB available space

How often can we expect new updates while you're in EA?
All new content is being released as part of our regular game Upgrades every six weeks. Check the update timer in the main menu to see how long to go until the next update!

Is there OSX support for this game?
Yes!

What about Linux?
Also yes!

What about other platforms(consoles/mobile)?
There are no plans to support any other platforms at this time.

I found a bug/have a suggestion. What should I do?
Come let us know about it on the forums!

Will there be multiplayer?
There are currently no plans to add multiplayer.

Our 6 week Upgrade schedule will resume in the New Year, and our next update after the Tubular Upgrade will land on February 8th. 

Thank you again for supporting our game, and happy holidays from everyone at Klei!

View full update

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

is popped eardrums no longer a thing?  My dupes don't seem to be getting it anymore

Edit: nevermind just saw one with it.  Weird though, I had them running around in high pressure for a while without the affect

Edited by donutman07
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, donutman07 said:

is popped eardrums no longer a thing?  My dupes don't seem to be getting it anymore

Edit: nevermind just saw one with it.  Weird though, I had them running around in high pressure for a while without the affect

Rappid shifts in pressure not specifically high pressure.  Had dupes get this going from 2k down to 200 g of pressure.

May mean diving bells and pressure chambers for working in high pressure environments soon, yay

10 hours ago, donutman07 said:

There was some change related to Popped Eardrums mentioned in "full update list":

• Popped Eardrums should now only occur in areas with many cells of high pressure oxygen

• Like 1

Whilst not the heaviest on content, this might be my favorite update so far!
The optimizations are great!

I tested a couple of 500+ cycle worlds that I had abandoned and they run beautifully smooth now! If I hadn't used naptha doors everywhere in those worlds I'd be continuing with them.

Even better though, I get to start a new world and plan out my toobs! :D