[Tubular Preview Update] - 246676

23 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • tube entrance status no longer flickers madly if partially powered
  • tube crossings/joint plates can no longer be built on top of other buildings
  • fixed conduit ball rendering in overlays on linux
  • enabled release optimizations

View full update

well.. gone from 9 fps to 27... thanks

1 hour ago, Cheerio said:

enabled release optimizations

Cycle 1300 at max speed from 5-9fps to 24fps. Nice.
And more importantly, the dupes freeze for very little time, if at all, after finishing a job.
Before this they would finish a job, think about life for some time, and only then go to do another thing...

Edited by Alpe12
Complementing.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news - @Cheerio I was initially absolutely blown away, from around 12 fps to ~30 - amazing, absolutely awesome improvement.

Sadly, after playing the colony for 40 minutes or so, we're back down to the usual crappy fps... (bottom left corner)

image.thumb.png.4abcd3425c9f4a46e66be21a824283f9.png

It's actually lower now than it was pre-update.

I know you said that during the preview it would be a bit up and down, but will this be better in the official release tomorrow ?

• Developer
12 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news - @Cheerio I was initially absolutely blown away, from around 12 fps to ~30 - amazing, absolutely awesome improvement.

Sadly, after playing the colony for 40 minutes or so, we're back down to the usual crappy fps... (bottom left corner)

image.thumb.png.4abcd3425c9f4a46e66be21a824283f9.png

It's actually lower now than it was pre-update.

I know you said that during the preview it would be a bit up and down, but will this be better in the official release tomorrow ?

Is this the same save file or a different one?

4 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Let me take a look.

I figured out the problem - I had rebuilt the compactors in the chlorine rooms recently, and issued a giant sweep command for them to put my crap away again (deleted them previously to see if it helped FPS)

If you cancel that sweep command in both chlorine filled areas, the fps rockets upwards again.

image.thumb.png.65c49478471b4ab19961885c59ad2984.png

You can replicate this easily by doing a giant sweep over both storage areas - mine drops from around 28 fps to 12ish instantly.

Edited by Lifegrow

5 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

I figured out the problem - I had rebuilt the compactors in the chlorine rooms recently, and issued a giant sweep command for them to put my crap away again (deleted them previously to see if it helped FPS)

If you cancel that sweep command in both chlorine filled areas, the fps rockets upwards again.

Oh good.

Btw, you can avoid the game upgrading by finding the appmanifest for oxygen not included and change the update behaviour from "1" to "0" if you wish to stay on the current automation upgrade.

2017-12-14.png

Edited by Saturnus

Just now, Cheerio said:

It still shouldn't be that slow  to mark a bunch of things to clear but I'm not sure that will get fixed for tomorrow. Sorry about that!

My thoughts exactly - Still, don't want to seem ungrateful - amazing work on the performance fixes guys.

Just now, Cheerio said:

Not at all. There's still a lot more optimization that needs to be done :).

Well I've been one of those bitching and whining about late game fps for maybe 8 months or so, and these initial fixes blew me away - so really, well done. Have an eggnog on us! Thanks for the speedy responses too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Not at all. There's still a lot more optimization that needs to be done :).

Never the less, this update was so far THE best, game is now enjoyable beyond cycle 100, and with more then just 10 dupes... rocking 30+ fps with 20 dupes was a dream before this update.

20 hours ago, Cheerio said:

It still shouldn't be that slow  to mark a bunch of things to clear but I'm not sure that will get fixed for tomorrow. Sorry about that!

In my experience, the more flashing status icons for problems/jobs/sweeping the slower my game is, 100%. Have been playing the beta, haven't started a new game to tinker with this on the final update. Will see how it goes, thanks.