[Tubular Preview Update] - 246513

• Developer
  • Tube Accesses powering logic tweaked to make them charge better in low wattage conditions
  • Tube Tile Bridge is now made of plastic
  • Tuned decor on Tubes and Tube Bridges
  • Fixed incorrect startup resolution on OSX
  • Duplicants should no longer get stuck on doors that were closed using automation
  • Sand pockets in the Hydrogen Jungle now have the same amount of sand as everywhere else
  • Updated Chinese translation
  • Time Of Day sensors no longer mess up each other's settings if you select them one after another
  • Travel methods which don't use athletics (Tube, Pole) don't level up athletics either.
  • Fix crash when selecting a two-material building for construction and one of those materials is unavailable

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

It is, was and forever shall be known as the "Igneous biome" - you hippies with your Hydrogen Jungles...

Next you'll be telling me the "Oil Biome" is the "Liquid Fossil Repository". You people make me sick!

It's the compressed dead dinosaur biome!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, GuyPerfect said:

Is Hydrogen Jungle the official name of the Chlorine/Hydrogen/Igneous Rock/Iron Ore biome? Are there names for the other biomes? Should I have access to this information already? O-:

More importantly, did they increase or decrease the amount of sand?

22 minutes ago, chemie said:

So are poles useless for max athletic dups? (meaning ladders win)

For shorter runs it seems that ladders win as it appears dupes take longer to get on an off poles. For longer runs poles are about 20-25% faster now that they've nerfed athletics to cap at 26 (33 for twinkle toe dupes). So it will be your choice if you want the extra hassle of building poles with this little long term gain.

5 minutes ago, chemie said:

More importantly, did they increase or decrease the amount of sand?

It's increased 1000 times in the caustic biome to be the same as deposits in ice and jungle biome.

Edited by Saturnus

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

For shorter runs it seems that ladders win as it appears dupes take longer to get on an off poles. For longer runs poles are about 20-25% faster now that they've nerfed athletics to cap at 26 (33 for twinkle toe dupes). So it will be your choice if you want the extra hassle of building poles with this little long term gain.

It's increased 1000 times in the caustic biome to be the same as deposits in ice and jungle biome.

Good.  I only have 500t of sand in inventory for current game so more sand is great.