[Tubular Preview Update] - 246289

• Developer
  • Tube Access now has charge like a battery, only consumes power while charging, uses a portion of its charge when a duplicant launches from it.
  • Tube Access is now 3 tiles wide
  • Adjusted costs of Tubes and Tube Access to make tubes less expensive, end points more expensive
  • Cost of ladders adjusted to coincide with tubes.
  • Adjusted cost of Creature Delivery point to a meaningful number
  • Fix Hypothermia double-debuffing the cooking attribute
  • Fixed ground rendering issue on OSX
  • Shader fixes to improve rendering on Linux
  • Improved Tube Tile Bridge artwork
  • Duplicants should no longer get stuck in an infinite delivery loop when the item they want is on a tube
  • Berry Bar takes the correct form of Sleet Wheat now
  • Calorie count should no longer show negative values when you have lots of food
  • Fix issue where Tube Accesses would sometimes not be connected on load

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Quite embarrassing mistake that one. :D

I'll probably check the tubular upgrade out again as I sort of see this as the last chance to decide if I should disable upgrading on steam, and stick with latest version of automation upgrade. 

Edited by Saturnus

The charges mean that dupes have to wait for it to charge and that can mean getting stuck on the wrong side of the transit system for a while.  Especially at bedtime, or when the atmosphere in their location is non-breathable.  I'm working with 18 total dupes and it's a big problem now, I can't imagine what it might be like with 30+.

Also boosting the access points up to 960W is excessive, even if it is only while charging.  If it's a regularly used access point that's a major power draw.

As a final tier upgrade it should really just work, there's no need to limit the amount of traffic going through them.

21 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Tube Access now has charge like a battery, only consumes power while charging, uses a portion of its charge when a duplicant launches from it.
  • Tube Access is now 3 tiles wide
  • Adjusted costs of Tubes and Tube Access to make tubes less expensive, end points more expensive
  • Cost of ladders adjusted to coincide with tubes.
  • Fix issue where Tube Accesses would sometimes not be connected on load
  • Improved Tube Tile Bridge artwork

Great updates! Seems likes the Tubes receive quite a useful and meaningful update here. Plastics also got an indirect buff (I think), since cost are tuned down for other plastic objects. Making Endpoints expensive was also a good way to balance things, for now..

Makes me wanna play ONI again now..

• Fix Hypothermia double-debuffing the cooking attribute

Never knew this was possible actually:p

• Calorie count should no longer show negative values when you have lots of food

I wanna try that recipe now, and I'm gonna make lots of it! Thanks for fixing the old calo bug too! It doesn't really affect you but it's frustrating.

5 hours ago, Sabranan said:

The charges mean that dupes have to wait for it to charge and that can mean getting stuck on the wrong side of the transit system for a while.  Especially at bedtime, or when the atmosphere in their location is non-breathable.  I'm working with 18 total dupes and it's a big problem now, I can't imagine what it might be like with 30+.

Also boosting the access points up to 960W is excessive, even if it is only while charging.  If it's a regularly used access point that's a major power draw.

As a final tier upgrade it should really just work, there's no need to limit the amount of traffic going through them.

As something to be aimed for towards late game, i.e. when your base is large enough to even require tubes in the first place - 960w is nothing.

Realistically should only need a handful scattered around after all. I don't think they're intended to be a "main access" system - more for getting to those remote builds, i.e. a bottom-of-the-map oil farm, etc.

How much Joule does the access point require to be fully charged? And how much is consumed when used once?

960W sounds a lot, but if it only requires a small charge and the energy consumption is little when used, 960W is quite ok.

4 minutes ago, turbonl64 said:

How much Joule does the access point require to be fully charged? And how much is consumed when used once?

960W sounds a lot, but if it only requires a small charge and the energy consumption is little when used, 960W is quite ok.

max storage 40kj

1 time use 10kj

Edited by jamesbread

9 minutes ago, jamesbread said:

max storage 40kj

1 time use 10kj

Thanks for that info. So a charge would require roughly 10s of 960W. That might not be too bad, but I magine it require quite a few batteries.

You could limit usage by a clock sensor, only allow entry and exit at certain points of the day.

Edited by Guest

16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Shader fixes to improve rendering on Linux

Confirmed to be correct now. We're back to "all grey all the time" in overlays again. )-:

16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

I've had over 32,767 kcal for quite a while and never saw a negative, meaning there must be some people with over 2,147,483,647 kcal? |-:

Edited by GuyPerfect

9 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

As something to be aimed for towards late game, i.e. when your base is large enough to even require tubes in the first place - 960w is nothing.

Realistically should only need a handful scattered around after all. I don't think they're intended to be a "main access" system - more for getting to those remote builds, i.e. a bottom-of-the-map oil farm, etc.

It's still 10KJ per trip, no matter how long or short. So using tube for relatively short trips should definitely be avoided. As you say, a few access points in the corners linking the to the center should probably be the extent to which they're used.