Which dedicated hosting provider do you use?

2 hours ago, dylanyasen said:

Hi there!  I just setup a new server last night.

I think aws is bloated with too much crap. so I prefer digitalocean. simple and clean.

here is my referral link. [https://m.do.co/c/642ad08a61bc] both of us can get free credits :p

I'm having a similar problem with AWS. What price plan did you pick from Digital ocean and how many players do you intend to keep on it?

I just upgraded our sever to 2 CPUs & 2GB RAM droplet after adding the caves . wanted to share the server performance result

CPU wise, it's an overkill, but the memory upgrade was definitely worth it. I might change the default tick rate to utilize the CPUs better  

5a49185ccb0c3_ScreenShot2017-12-31at12_01_01PM.thumb.png.4d0e8e663fc8b67e9d327151f629e044.png

Is that screenshot from when the DST server was under load? (High player count and/or players switching shards.) Because if not having a low average CPU load gives you enough reserves to keep the server running at full speed during heavier usage and load spikes like daily saves or switching shards.

Ofc you can play with the tickrate a bit, but in my XP the default setting (15) is already in a very good sweet spot, especially if you have players with not so good internet on your server.

On 10/12/2017 at 5:17 PM, Dekay said:

I’m just wondering what has worked well for others here who host their own dedicated DST servers using an unmanaged VPS. I’m in the US.

I've been using Linode for years now for various purposes: hosted DST and Minecraft dedicated servers; also used it for personal projects. Never had any problems! 

They are available in several regions so you can pick the one that suits you best. No CPU or Network capping :)

Basically Dedicated server provider quality is depend on your expertise. If you are technically sound than you can purchase Dedicated server from any Good reliable Web hosting provider and managed server yourself, but if you are technically not good, than always make sure that your Dedicated server provides 24x7 live chat support, ticket board support, so that you can contact them any time, if you have any issues else you are in bog trouble.

Great experience with server basket dedicated hosting provider I am using hosting service for 3 years and continuing further. I have not faced any issues regarding network and downtime. 100% uptime, which makes my success at next level. 24*7 support team to resolve queries in minutes through Live chat, email around the clock. Providing hosting plans according to requirements. Really a Reliable hosting provider in the market.

I see a lot of new accounts in this thread with no rep on this board linking directly to hosting providers and I just want to caution anyone thinking about using those service providers to do your due diligence. 

Archived