How old is Wendy?

How old is Wendy?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. How old, in your opinion, is Wendy?

• 8 and younger
    • 8 - 12 years old
    • 12 - 16 years old
    • 16 - 20 years old
    • 20 and older

Just now, GMDApple said:

I think the better question is why are we asking this?

Are we asking about her age just so that we can fantasize about her more knowing that she is legal?

no but really why.

Because people seem to assume that a 10 years old girl is running around fighting for her life, knowing poems and wishing to die

Well there's already a 10 year old boy running around fighting for his life, says we sometimes instead of I, and apparently is indigestible. (Webber)

Wilson and Willow's ages are already confirmed(?), with Wilson being early-thirties and Willow being early-twenties. (I believe Wendy is early-twenties aswell) 

Wickerbottom is probably mid-50's because she's an old lady.

Maxwell maybe late 30's or early 40's.

Wolfgang, and Woodie are probably nearly the same age as Wilson.

Wes is probably early-mid twenties and Wig + Winona are probably mid-late twenties.

Just my opinion, would be interested though to hear the Dev's input on the matter.

I think she is older than Webber (which is estimated to not be older than 12 years) and younger than the rest of the cast, but I doubt she is near 18 years old, so around 12-14 years, maybe can go up to 16. But, I don't know for sure, in fact, we only know for "sure" about Wilson (early thirties -and here I always thought he was in his mid twenties), Willow (not sure though, but I read she is supposedly in her early-mid twenties -I also thought she was as old, or even older than Wilson) and Webber (he is the youngest of them all); other than that, we know nothing about the other characters, and I think we don't know if Wickerbottom is actually older than Maxwell (both are old, but Maxwell may very well be hundreds of years old).

According to the William Carter puzzles (if she's one of the mentioned twins), Wendy was alive at some point during 1902-1904, And if we're currently at 1921+ in the story, that puts her at a minimum of 17+.

But there's still a lot of things we don't know: like when Wendy was pulled into "The Constant", or how time works in that dimension, so it's still up for debate.

I kinda wish klei would spill the beans about this type of thing, knowing the ages of the characters doesn't reveal too much lore.

8 hours ago, GMDApple said:

Well there's already a 10 year old boy running around fighting for his life, says we sometimes instead of I, and apparently is indigestible. (Webber)

Wilson and Willow's ages are already confirmed(?), with Wilson being early-thirties and Willow being early-twenties. (I believe Wendy is early-twenties aswell) 

Wickerbottom is probably mid-50's because she's an old lady.

Maxwell maybe late 30's or early 40's.

Wolfgang, and Woodie are probably nearly the same age as Wilson.

Wes is probably early-mid twenties and Wig + Winona are probably mid-late twenties.

Just my opinion, would be interested though to hear the Dev's input on the matter.

I selected 8-12 for Wendy, but I'd have preferred an 11-14 option if there was one.  She just reads above her age category.  Very much the opposite of Willow.

Wickerbottom has to be mid-60s, since she definitely looks older than my parents.

Maxwell the Magnificent may have been in his late 30s, but since losing the throne, he definitely looks like he's in his mid-40s.  He isn't aging as gracefully as Wicker, either.

Charlie in the William Carter puzzles I'd say is 17-21, younger than Willow.  Charlie now looks like she's 24-27, a little older than Willow.

The real question is, how old is Wilbur?

11 hours ago, Billiscool said:

According to the William Carter puzzles (if she's one of the mentioned twins), Wendy was alive at some point during 1902-1904, And if we're currently at 1921+ in the story, that puts her at a minimum of 17+.

Bam!  That's exactly how old I think she is and why.  I also like to tie into recent-at-the-time real-life events and say that Abigail might've died from the "Spanish Flu" epidemic at the end of WWII, meaning it was not so long ago from Wendy's point of view.  Also, though her dress and hairstyle might say "little girl", her vocabulary and whole CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIINNN thing says "angsty teenager".  : P (And realistically, in that era, her hair should either be up or possibly bobbed, if she wanted to be real modern and rebellious*.  Although...try telling that to Willow...  And, to finish up the ladies:  Wigfrid is insane/playing a character, and Walani is from a different culture.)

As for the other ages...I think Wickerbottom might be in her 60s, Maxwell is _definitely_ at least 40s, and Winona...?  Well, she's old enough to have had multiple jobs (although...this is also still within the era when CHILD labor was legal! So she might've had _much_ longer of a working life than modern people) and those lines under her eyes make her look a little older.  Some say she's related to Wilson (because of course they do), maybe even his MOTHER...and I say:  I don't see her as _that_ old, but they do have the same eyes, so...

...Notorious

*Note to self:  Draw a picture of Flapper Wendy.

The Constant doesn't seem to let people die or age. Wilson was the last to enter around 1921. Assuming the radios that were the only way of drawing people in then we have 1919.

The main issue is the time flow in the Constant. Minutes could be hours as far as we know.

Lastly, Webber would end up being one of the oldest. Why? They're originally unlocked in Don't Starve by burying their skull. For all intensive purposes it seems they were here before everyone else. But again, time flow so who knows.

Story/lore-wise, there are 2 type of "times":

biological time (what previous posters pointed): Webber being a small child (8-10 years), Wilson early 30s, Willow early 20s, and Wendy, probably, 10-14 y.o. - aka at what age each character entered The Constant, as time seems to just stop in there;

The Constant's chronology in relation to Earth-time: and each character probably has spent different amounts of time in DST main world (the "1 million-deaths Wilson" implies at least some Earth-years for Wilson). Thus Wendy speech could suggests she is mentally much older than her biological (stopped/slowed down) time. Also personal experiences and IQ/EQ are at play (pun intended) here.

1 hour ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

The Constant's chronology in relation to Earth-time: and each character probably has spent different amounts of time in DST main world (the "1 million-deaths Wilson" implies at least some Earth-years for Wilson). Thus Wendy speech could suggests she is mentally much older than her biological (stopped/slowed down) time. Also personal experiences and IQ/EQ are at play (pun intended) here.

Exactly.  Keep in mind, when The Forge stats first came out, immobilized creatures had already collectively spent 15 years thinking about what they did.

5 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

What does @minespatch‘s dad think?

Maybe later but he's in the hospital right now.

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

I think Willow's approximate age was confirmed by the devs in a stream, around 30 if I remember correctly? I couldn't find where was it stated, so if someone know it and can confirm or correct me, that would be great.

She's a few years younger than Wilson. Wilson's in his thirties.

Archived