Can't Open Any Servers Because I Downloaded Dedicated Servers

So, I did all that was necessary to start a dedicated server, and it wouldn't start up a dedicated server. Thinking it was a mod, I fiddled with different mods to see if it was one of them bugging out. The game still wouldn't start, so we looked for ways to fix it, tried opening other games, and I couldn't. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Hey @RiyaRoo, welcome to the forums. You did say you did all that was necessary to start a dedicated server? Could you go over what exactly you did and if you followed any online guides. Sometimes the issue with dedicated servers not starting up is that the dedicated server executable isn't opening the correct server files (which is caused by incorrect path locations when running batch files a.k.a. .bat files).

Again there's very little to go on to help you with your issue, but the easiest means of diagnosing issues is by checking the log files and if not, reading what the server prompt generates when it fails.

Also there's abit of confusing broad terms you are using which complicates my understanding. When you say "game"? are you talking about DST itself isn't opening after you downloaded the dedicated server tools from steam? or specifically the DST server doesn't run and can't be seen in-game?

But then you said, you tried opening other games (particularly other game that isn't DST related)? So did you actually mean DST wasn't running when you mentioned "game" the first time?

Sorry I'm having a hard time figuring out what you mean.

If it's still all confusing, I highly suggest starting from scratch with alainmcd's thread: [HowTo] Run a Dedicated Server from your PC - without SteamCMD or the Dedicated Server Tool

If I understood you correctly you are saying that after setting up your DST server you are not able to start any games at all?

Because I'd find that highly unlikely that the DST server would cause something like that. I'd assume it's either a network configuration that prevents steam from connecting to any servers, or that there's something else broken on your system. The DST server itself in any shape, form or even broken Configuration should never be able to prevent any games from starting.

Archived