[Game Update] - 246040

• Developer
  • Transit Tube Crossing now correctly links two tube networks.
  • Transit Tube Access no longer has charges, simply requires power to function.
  • Tube launch time decreased
  • Duplicants can no longer "lane change" between adjacent tubes
  • Fixed some "Unknown" tiles never clearing when a ruin is explored (only fixed for new worlds)
  • Fixed a crash that could occur with the flush toilet
  • Transit Tube Access now has a red status item if it's not hooked up correctly
  • Fixed a crash that could happen while building wires
  • New song added to the game
  • Poles no longer use athletics when travelling downwards, but have had their base speed raised to be consistently fast for all dupes.

View full update

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Transit Tube Access no longer has charges, simply requires power to function.

So why does it require a constant power drain still? While it had charges it was implied that it would stop taking up power after it had its 3 charges and go idle, but now it forever drains 480W which easily makes it never worth using.

• Like 14

Either that or just use a Buffer Gate to power it for a few seconds when a Duplicant gets close. The thing needs to turn off when not in use.

44 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Fixed a crash that could happen while building wires

I actually just had this happen and noticed a new build after I quit to desktop. (-:

Maybe the idea is that it consume power whenever someone is using it (already inside the tubes also counts), but sinse it's hard (I think) to detect when a dupe is inside it, it just consumes all the time. :confused:
Or maybe it's just a way to limit the use of it.
IMO they should add a stress response to using the tubes (or at least a large one).

Edited by Alpe12

56 minutes ago, Risu said:

So why does it require a constant power drain still? While it had charges it was implied that it would stop taking up power after it had its 3 charges and go idle, but now it forever drains 480W which easily makes it never worth using.

We have automation for that :)

1 hour ago, GuyPerfect said:

Either that or just use a Buffer Gate to power it for a few seconds when a Duplicant gets close. The thing needs to turn off when not in use.

Man, that'd wreck havoc on pathing. If not powered it's not registered as a possible path and as soon as someone steps near every single dupe needs to recheck their pathing to incorporate the new option. Definitely not a good idea to put proximity sensoring on tubes. A timer could work though just like on doors, you could open up areas for pathing in certain time frame at certain intervals but having it based on proximity is not a good idea in my opinion.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Xyangy87 said:

118en2c.jpg

Is it possible for making the new food? It needs Sleet Wheat instead of Sleet Wheat Grain.

Hah. Really. It's expecting you to shove the whole plant in there instead of the seed.
Almost like they didn't test this...

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Poles no longer use athletics when travelling downwards, but have had their base speed raised to be consistently fast for all dupes.

I can't test this as I don't want to reinstall the tubular downgrade but could someone test if that means a reasonably mid-level dupe with 20 athlelics actually climbs down ladders faster than on a pole.

EDIT: Fire poles used to give a flat +75% bonus to move speed. Anyone care to check what the new speed is?

Edited by Saturnus

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

I can't test this as I don't want to reinstall the tubular downgrade but could someone test if that means a reasonably mid-level dupe with 20 athlelics actually climbs down ladders faster than on a pole.

EDIT: Fire poles used to give a flat +75% bonus to move speed. Anyone care to check what the new speed is?

I did quick test using lvl 26 runners and seems like fire-pole is a bit faster. (tooltip still says +75% speed)
I never used plastic ladders before, but to me it seems that they are at same speed now as normal ladder. (which is probably not as it should be)

Edit: there is some small difference visible on long ladders - test with athletics 0: https://youtu.be/4_QyqocsVbk

Edited by bzgzd
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

I did quick test using lvl 26 runners and seems like fire-pole is a bit faster. (tooltip still says +75% speed)
I never used plastic ladders before, but to me it seems that they are at same speed now as normal ladder. (which is probably not as it should be)

Hmmm... yeah plastic ladders definitely used to be faster than regular ladders.

And thanks for the test. So the tipping point is higher than 26. The actual tipping point is hard to tell but inevitably a flat bonus as applied now will mean that in the long term, ladders will always become faster than fire poles. 

Edited by Saturnus

3 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Hmmm... yeah plastic ladders definitely used to be faster than regular ladders.

And thanks for the test. So the tipping point is higher than 26. At which point the actual tipping point is hard to tell but inevitably a flat bonus as applied now will mean that in the long term, ladders will always become faster than fire poles. 

I tested it with athletics 0 on longer ladder and there is some small difference and plastic is still a bit faster.

https://youtu.be/4_QyqocsVbk

I am not sure but there might be athletics cap at 26 (or 33 with +7 from trait).

18 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I wonder if Dupes can eat Don't Starvian fruit cake?latest?cb=20161211021948

"Its aggressive, overbearing sweetness can leave the tongue feeling temporarily numb."

The cake is so sweet that it's uneatable in Don't Starve. :wilson_facepalm:

And the Meal Lice is flavorless, so it can be ate as... candies? How strange it is. oiyfds.jpg

Edited by Xyangy87
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

I am not sure but there might be athletics cap at 26 (or 33 with +7 from trait).

That's weird. I definitely have had dupes with athletics way higher than 26 or 33.

EDIT: Checked some save files. The maximum is indeed level 26 now. I'm trying to find if I still have a screen shot of a dupe that definitely had 42 athletics, so not sure when the cap was introduced.

Edited by Saturnus

16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Transit Tube Access no longer has charges, simply requires power to function

Let me power that with 2 NG's, no oil wells and a few hamster wheels.

Seriously guys, 480W constantly for each access point is way too much. You can't automate it properly either as dupes will not try to use it when it is powered down.

It should either have those charges, or it should run on a way less power. 60W for each access point is much more reasonable.

5 minutes ago, turbonl64 said:

Let me power that with 2 NG's, no oil wells and a few hamster wheels.

Seriously guys, 480W constantly for each access point is way too much. You can't automate it properly either as dupes will not try to use it when it is powered down.

It should either have those charges, or it should run on a way less power. 60W for each access point is much more reasonable.

You can definitely automate them in a way so the dupes use them by combining them with doors and checkpoints.

Here's a recording of that new tune:

NewTune.mp3

It's got a nice texture to it. I like to put the game in regular speed when it comes on. <3

I'm reminded of StarCraft Brood War, where they added an extra music track for each of the races. The new track was great, but for some reason didn't "feel" like the original ones. I don't know if that's because it was characteristically different or because I was just familiar with the initial set, but I find the same thing happening here. This isn't just "another song", but specifically "the new song".

• Like 5