Once the forge event ended you'd think they'll just remove all the unused stuff until the next event. However, that is not the case.

I guess Klei removed most of the code for all the forge stuff because now they don't work.

It's impossible to pick up the forge items (Blowdarts, healingstaff, rock armor etc)

image.png.f3f802698b99233a5a2f90a8ca6c6068.png

Moving on the the enemies, their code also got removed. They all do their idol animations and if you push them they start to slide like ice.

image.thumb.png.508177e47ce61ec1367db6c60d9b2ae3.png

It's also impossible to kill them, I've tried everything to lightning, blowing them up and tentacles.

image.thumb.png.090db80d52878f7e13e686b653a273ca.png

There were also objects for the arena timer, however these are impossible to spawn.

image.thumb.png.8c77767e50e9894f4ffaead85aed4fd8.png

I thought these were interesting and I'd make a thread about it. What are your opinions about this? Tell me below.

i thought forge will be implemented in regular wolrds somehow, or we will get new lava biome or something. Guess i was wrong

I'm afraid we will not see any new content for regular worlds in the next year because team using all their resourses to make events

Can't remove something that never existed. The brains for the enemies were never released into the base game, but it's not surprising to find out the items don't work as well. Klei likely kept as many parts as they could on their servers to stop cheating during the event.

1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Acctually its mostly because their Code/Brain Files operate depending on the Forge Arena Map. If you browse through the code you might find "lavaarena_center" or something like that. That is the essential thing for the mobs

It has nothing to do with the map, their data is simply stored on the Forge Servers. Mobs just need their brain file and stategraphs to function, which only the Forge servers have. We basically have husks of prefabs that only contain data that clients need (like visuals, sounds, etc.).

1 minute ago, DarkKingBoo said:

It has nothing to do with the map, their data is simply stored on the Forge Servers. Mobs just need their brain file and stategraphs to function, which only the Forge servers have. We basically have husks of prefabs that only contain data that clients need (like visuals, sounds, etc.).

Yeah, but regardless, those mobs only work in the forge because their files are tied to that arena

Archived