Signature restrictions

Cyberboy2000

There are limitations to what you can put in your signature, like at most 3 lines, at most 3 urls and at most 1 image.

While it makes sense to have some limitations, these ones seem a little arbitrary.

I just want to put what mods I've made in there! How is adding a few more of those more harmful than those that have massive quotes or links in their signatures?

I suggest that the only limitation should be how much space is allowed to be used up.

Well, we know that these restrictions are not being followed. You can just block person's signature and done, no biggie.
But I agree, some restrictions would do, not so harsh ones. But at the same time mods should react when signatures break rules.

I know that, that's exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote:

How is adding a few more of those more harmful than those that have massive quotes or links in their signatures?

I don't think that there should be no restrictions, I think that the restrictions should be based on how much space your signature takes up (so that it's not possible to do what you did) and not how many links there are (the links in my signature take up barely any space).

2 hours ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

There are limitations to what you can put in your signature, like at most 3 lines, at most 3 urls and at most 1 image.

While it makes sense to have some limitations, these ones seem a little arbitrary.

I just want to put what mods I've made in there! How is adding a few more of those more harmful than those that have massive quotes or links in their signatures?

I suggest that the only limitation should be how much space is allowed to be used up.

If you want to show off your mods, then make a collection in the workshop and paste link to it, instead of every single mod 

18 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Well, we know that these restrictions are not being followed. You can just block person's signature and done, no biggie.
But I agree, some restrictions would do, not so harsh ones. But at the same time mods should react when signatures break rules.

I haven't changed my sig since I know if I updated it, I would have to follow the restrictions.

3 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

If you want to show off your mods, then make a collection in the workshop and paste link to it, instead of every single mod 

But that's no fun is it?

No, I obviously don't need looser signature restrictions. The amount of people that would be interested in my mods, is on the forums, and doesn't already know about them is basically zero. I just think the style I've got going looks nice.

This topic is not about my mods, I think it's weird that you can put so much stuff into a signature by using images and links to forum posts yet a 2- or 3-line signature might not be allowed because it contains too many links, like the one minespatch uses.

I agree that you should be allowed to have more than 3 links in the signature and that it's the space that the signature takes that should be restricted. I really hate when some people have multiple links to posts that takes a lot of space.

On 12/6/2017 at 2:05 AM, Cyberboy2000 said:

Yeah I know right? I mean I managed to cram 6 links into my signature but when I tried to change the Tumblr one recently, it said there's too many so I left it as is :<

Archived