My idea to solve XP farmers

Seveni

Some of you have noticed there is people joining your games simply to xp farm and stay away from keyboard or probably browse the web or play other games while they wait for their team to do the work for them or lose the game. 

My suggestion is to not have vote for kick but an afk check if the player hasn't moved within 1 to 2 minutes in an intensive game as the forge. I assume normal players would not have any problems with it since they would just rejoin the same game after being afk. If a player is afk then activate a script to disconnect that player.

But what if the afk player is rejoining about the time a normal forge time is completed like about 20 minutes?

Well I would suggest that their xp would be denied of a % how much they've been away from the game.

This behaviour should not exist in my opinion and the only player which suffer from this is the player with really bad connection and keep losing connection.

Give me a Huzzah for no afk farmers!

32 minutes ago, landromat said:

Some people alt+tab while holding f and their character autoattacks everything in radius. We need report system

Ugh ye, they shouldn't reward such behaviour for sure, atleast the afk check would improve the situation.

2 hours ago, landromat said:

Some people alt+tab while holding f and their character autoattacks everything in radius. We need report system

Or you just make a afk check if a player clicks F+Alt+Tab and it's looking if you're clicking anything more after 30 seconds?

I'm not sure that preventing the alt+tab thing is such a great idea.

I play the game in windowed mode so that I can hold space or f to initiate an action and then click out into Discord (on my second monitor) so that I can chat with my friends whilst my character is performing an action; and then click back into the game after my message is sent.

In the case of the regular game this might be something mundane like chopping trees; in the case of the forge this might be smacking a shelled Snortoise allowing me to safely write a quick message... "focus one!!!" :D

I am not opposed to doing something about the xp farmers mind you... they are a nosense, but I feel a different strategy should be taken.

Archived