120 members have voted

1. 1. Webber

• Webber is totally fine
    • Webber is good but he could be better
    • Webber is not that good
    • Webber is bad
    • Webber is total useless

8 minutes ago, HamBatter said:

For survivability, Wendy is better than Webber because Abigail can keep someone alive long enough to recover.

Webber's only recourse is to hold F and hope the thing targeting you dies, which in most cases is playing to die. It also doesn't help that the spiders can keep Boarrior awake not because you were shooting, but because you got hit.

I've never seen baby spiders (or anything) attacking Boarrior while he was in the heal aura unless you were actively attacking him. I've done quite a lot of ND runs with him on the team with no issues with baby spiders. Hilariously enough the only partner that even messed with the team was bernie luring Boarrior away from sleep aura.

3 minutes ago, HamBatter said:

Bernie can't do damage or be a predictable draw for acid or Boarrior.

Abigail is pretty much useless against anything Boarrior related. Shes going to spend all of her time in his face where she'll keep taking damage when she doesn't need to. Bernie might be slightly better at distracting just because hes usually a bit out of the way. Neither of them are reliable imo. Abigail at least does good at keeping aggro in early waves.

2 hours ago, DarkKingBoo said:

I've never seen baby spiders (or anything) attacking Boarrior while he was in the heal aura unless you were actively attacking him. I've done quite a lot of ND runs with him on the team with no issues with baby spiders. Hilariously enough the only partner that even messed with the team was bernie luring Boarrior away from sleep aura.

It has to do with unfortunate timing/positioning where the spiders can chain their attacks to keep the target in "it's active so we should attack it" mode.

2 hours ago, DarkKingBoo said:

Abigail is pretty much useless against anything Boarrior related. Shes going to spend all of her time in his face where she'll keep taking damage when she doesn't need to. Bernie might be slightly better at distracting just because hes usually a bit out of the way. Neither of them are reliable imo. Abigail at least does good at keeping aggro in early waves.

The thing with Abigail is you know what's going to happen. You can see her approaching Boarrior and she's going to take that aggro for that amount of time. It's something that can be done because you picked Wendy, but whether it helps in the match is another thing.

I think Webber is fine. I feel his only downfall is people really had a negative viewpoint on him for the longest, so many players still don't appreciate his raw DPS. Most "Deathless" runs also sub Webber in the team instead of Wilson. So I feel he is in a decent spot.

The weakest character to me is Wendy. Abigail dies often and she brings nothing to the table besides Abigail. So anytime Abigail is down, Wendy is supplying less use than any other character.

I actually enjoy Wes in this and think he is pretty well balanced. What Wes suffers from is Woodie's very META status as the King of the Forge with Wickerbottom being the Queen. Everyone wants a Woodie cause he is the most reliable runner (But to me, most can be successful runners and don't mind non-Woodie picks) and provides more technical advantages during the final boss that border on the lines of overpowered. Tone Woodie down a hair and we'd likely see Wes a tad more love.

20 hours ago, Tumalu said:

change to WENDY? olololol what. I haven't seen anyone think wendy isn't garbage since the very first days of forge

I envy you for your luck then.

If you look at the Forge stats you can see that the character popularity of Wendy lies around 5% under Webber (in the beginning it was almost the same). The character statistics show that more than 9000 matches were played more with Wendy than with Webber. ( Wendy: 179.785

Webber: 170.117 ). So there is a good chance to have the same bad luck as me (I guess... I'm terrible with maths).

I think the problem is, the people who think that Wendy is better then Webber, usually don't look around in the forum and answer to topics like that.

8 hours ago, Stimpz said:

I think the problem is, the people who think that Wendy is better then Webber, usually don't look around in the forum and answer to topics like that.

No, I think the issue is that they don't pay attention to the actual damage numbers and just go off of their experience with the base game.

17 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

No, I think the issue is that they don't pay attention to the actual damage numbers and just go off of their experience with the base game.

in that case wigfrid would be the most popular character judging by pubs

All characters are fine if the player does well. I like Webber as the best ranged dps, it's a shame I don't see him more often in teams but I let people choose as they wish, anyway, now most player don't care what character is selected. At the start of the event many people didn't like a Webber in the team, maybe they thought Webber players are "noobs".:?

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

I’ve got nothing against him, but I like making pig and bunnyman farms and spiders (the growling sound they make) get on my nerves, so I’d never play as him. I also feel bad for Webbers who visit my server since they’re always getting chased by pigs.

Killing spiders is not bad. They're not humans

Webber's great, as long as you learn to live all by yourself in a remote location amid dozens and dozens of spiders. He's kind of a one trick pony in that respect... but it's quite a versatile trick. A cheap army at your command, ludicrous amounts of glands and silk, and protection in the caves. Just don't base near anyone else, like... at all. He's probably not a good character for very social people.

On 3/2/2018 at 1:40 AM, kertinker said:

Webber's great, as long as you learn to live all by yourself in a remote location amid dozens and dozens of spiders. He's kind of a one trick pony in that respect... but it's quite a versatile trick. A cheap army at your command, ludicrous amounts of glands and silk, and protection in the caves. Just don't base near anyone else, like... at all. He's probably not a good character for very social people.

image.thumb.png.58cee7991b664377044f31e6397019fa.png

Archived