Linux Early Access Now Available!

• Developer

image.png

Hello friends,

We've got an early present for you: Oxygen Not Included is now available for Linux!

This time around it's available for everyone by default, so no branch fanciness needed this time, just download and play!

(Because of updating the game on steam, all platforms will see a download today, but there are no new changes. The game is on AT-243285.)

The Linux version of the game is still undergoing testing though, so please let us know in the bug tracker if you notice any issues. We look forward to hearing how it goes.

Enjoy!

1 minute ago, Oozinator said:

Mac dupes get a Rolex and Windows dupes, a walmart bag..

Mac dupes get the privilege to purchase a $100k watch they do not want but need to cuz it's the only watch that works with the proprietary time keeping system they are using. 

Wow. Grand news. I had to try installing Oxygen Not Included when I saw the news that the Linux version had been released, despite only having access to my über-crummy laptop.

All in all, the games runs rather smoothly, albeit very, very slowly (the specifications of the computer are far below the tentative system requirements, so it is totally understandable). Despite of this, the sound wasn't choppy, nor there were any hiccups or strange glitches. The game only ran rather slowly, for obvious reasons. The game I started lasted about 2 h, or to Cycle 4, with four dupes maintaining a minimal base.

This is very impressive and it is super awesome to see such a stable alpha build for Linux. The Klei developers did a good job here. I can only imagine how wonderful Oxygen Not Included must run on GNU/Linux on a faster computer.

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.9.65-1-lts

Uptime: 22h 21m
Packages: 1335
Shell: bash 4.4.12
Resolution: 1366x768
DE: GNOME
WM: OpenBox
WM Theme: Clearlooks
GTK Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3]
Icon Theme: Adwaita
Font: Cantarell 11
CPU: AMD C-70 APU with Radeon HD Graphics @ 2x 1GHz [80.0°C]
GPU: AMD PALM (DRM 2.49.0 / 4.9.65-1-lts, LLVM 5.0.0)
RAM: 2426MiB / 3650MiB

Thank you for a VERY stable version. Only have good things to say about this. Can't wait to play it on a better computer in the future!

I've been wanting to run Linux for a year or so, but never really got around to it. So I saw this and decided to get around to it. (-:

Running Debian testing (Buster) with kernel 4.13.0-1-amd64 on NVIDIA and it works great now that I've figured out why Steam kept failing to glXChooseVisual. Even though it's the same software I've been playing on Windows, for some reason it still seems crisper and shinier...

One thing I did notice is that my save files didn't find their way down from the Steam Cloud. I haven't booted back into Windows to see if I'm running two sets, but thought I'd mention it here in case there's a disconnect in the tubez.

29 minutes ago, GuyPerfect said:

One thing I did notice is that my save files didn't find their way down from the Steam Cloud. I haven't booted back into Windows to see if I'm running two sets, but thought I'd mention it here in case there's a disconnect in the tubez.

Steam Cloud says I have 0 bytes stored for this game so they are probably not stored there.

2 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Yes! I'm almost completely done with Windows.  Thank you!  

So, got ONI installed on Linux and have been running it. So far, no differences from the windows version.  Still needs full screen windowed mode, though.

Use the arg -popupwindow

Archived