cannot use custom world on 4net hosting

Hi there, need some tips cause i cannot understand where i'm failing.

I generated a wolrd on don't starve, went on the documents/klei..../.. copied all to the hosting service ftp folder. When i start the server it keeps on using the default settings, do you know if there is some special comand or option to enable the custom settings? In italy we have poor connections and with my friends it's impossible to hanld 4/5 clients if someone hosts. 

Thansk!

5a1aa5c16aaa1_Screenshot2017-11-2612_27_59.thumb.png.df853675a1a50c4367a9beda60903ff1.png

The folder layout is this

5a1aa5c636d6c_Screenshot2017-11-2612_28_09.thumb.png.e73c88e94d74fe7ba1fd9b147effd45e.png

it's my first time for dst dedicated server

for this rented server i have to do all by an ftp client, look like tho, that even if i check the files in the folders, the custom settings are still modified like i did, but at the end, they are back to default when i start it.

Is there any comand to put in some of the .ini or .lua to tell the dediserver to use MY settings instead of the DEF ones?

33 minutes ago, Father Nature said:

5a1aa5c16aaa1_Screenshot2017-11-2612_27_59.thumb.png.df853675a1a50c4367a9beda60903ff1.png

The folder layout is this

5a1aa5c636d6c_Screenshot2017-11-2612_28_09.thumb.png.e73c88e94d74fe7ba1fd9b147effd45e.png

it's my first time for dst dedicated server

for this rented server i have to do all by an ftp client, look like tho, that even if i check the files in the folders, the custom settings are still modified like i did, but at the end, they are back to default when i start it.

Is there any comand to put in some of the .ini or .lua to tell the dediserver to use MY settings instead of the DEF ones?

That is the wrong location. The Klei save folder isn't inside the game folder. It's called ".klei" and it's located in the root of your user directory.

You said you copied over the files, right? Those are the files you copied over. I'd bet that the save file directory is in a different location, because they are probably too lazy to change the default values. That said, Why would they bother modifying the game server if they'd have to modify it every time a new version comes out? That'd only delay the server uptimes and would cost valuable worktime, if the default location works just as fine.

In your directory tree, just go into "/.klei/" That should be the correct location.

Archived