Temperature of electorlizor gas

It is definitely not the temperature of the input water.  You can easily test this by sending fresh Geyser water through Abyssalite pipes to the Electrolyzer.  If it used input temperature, your base would heat up super duper fast, because the water fresh from the Geyser, depending on the size and format of your holding tank, will be upwards of 80 C.  Probably closer to 95 C.

16 hours ago, Q the Platypus said:

The wiki says that the electrolizor releases gas at 70C.  However My own experiments and comments on youtube say that it releases it at the same temp as the input water.  Which is it? 

Do you have screenshots of your experiments?

granite, I produce oxygen at a ice biome. I cool the water before I supply it. Just be carefull because you can have some problems with water freezin inside the pipe. hahaha

22 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

What are your pipes made out of?

Well there is your first reason, the gas is probably cooling down rapidly after coming ot of the machine, you have 10kg of water at 5 Degrees, Your have however many kg of 5 degrees granite, and you have a cold machine, and you have the walls around the area also most likely that cold.

So you have all of that cold mass cooling down a small hot mass of gas. Similar to how you can use walls and wheezeworts to liquifiy and freeze Carbon Dioxide, Chlorine and Crude Oil. You are using a large mass (The walls) to cool a small mass (the gas)

Electrolyzers put out gas at a fixed temperature. 

38 minutes ago, Pumbo said:

Lol, its depends from they water temperature, equipament temperature and enviroment temperature. I have been supplying water at 5 ºC and the oxygen its close to 8 ºC

It's still 70 I'm afraid, you have to remember the machine itself is made of metal and acts as a massive heat sink, even more so if it's at on airflow tiles, this means if you can keep its temperature down the gas gets produced at 70 but is instantly cooled by the surrounding mass. 

If you have a pump for the hydrogen, that too will remove heat. And electrolyzer tend to shut down a lot due overpressuring the immediate area around them.

70 degrees looks like the correct output. But heat diffuses quickly and so you will not notice it. Also, if the water pipes are abyssalite, then I believe it will not emit the heat from the water, unless the electrolyzer uses an internal storage.

Archived