Major complaint with DST

When you die, it gives you 2 minutes to rollback the server to prevent the world from starting over. With all due respect, that is a load of horse crap and I don't see why it even resets at all without our permission. The worst part is there's no way to change it! I just lost 3 hours of progress because I went to use the washroom! I love challenge as much as the next guy but when it gets to this point it's stressful and not fun. I love DST, and I think Klei is awesome, but the idea to delete peoples world after 2 minutes is kind of a weird one.

Hey @Daxterr, I personally understand the frustration of losing a perfect world but you have to understand that the reason it resets is because the server is in Survival mode (cause that's the mode that resets the world). That is the mode wherein you have to do your very best to survive and stay alive for as long as possible but if everyone's dead, then the server resets. That is as close to the original single player Don't Starve survival experience it can get, for a multiplayer setting.

On the other hand, if you don't want to deal with the world ever resetting when everyone is a player ghost, then I highly suggest you guys play on an Endless Mode server. That way, you get to keep the same world and live in it without any frustrations of having to quickly revive yourselves to stop the reset timer or to even fiddling to rollback the server.

Also, in Endless mode, you get free respawns at the Florid Postern. I think that's the mode you guys would enjoy. No hassle and no risks of resets ever.

I hope that helps, cheers.

@Daxterr hmm, about cause of death then you could possible check your Obituaries. It should be in there. You can find your obituaries from the Main Menu in this order of clicks: Play > Item Collection > History > Obituaries. Check for your world name and character used in that world to determine which caused your death. It's usually pretty accurate unless it says "Shenanigans".

Cheers.

You cannot ever go AFK in DST unless you want to lose your progress. If you play by yourself, try getting at least one other person, so you can go do something while that person takes care of the base. The best thing is just to shut down the server when someone if going to go AFK.

Archived