Level minimum for servers

Cass_

I feel that instead of adding a votekick option or just having the server admin get the power to kick people out, there should be a level cap that you select when creating a new server.

Example: Set level minimum to 30+, people who have reached level 30 or higher can join the server, people below level 30 don't even have the server show up in their browser.

May or may not fix the fustercluck that's going on in the public server landscape.

It's true, after a player reaches around level 15 and remove their training wheels it really doesn't make a lot of difference. The thing actually that I did find was the most fun games were with players that were level 20-60. A lot of the really high level players didn't seem to be playing for fun anymore... the chat was entirely silent and they simply didn't respond to any messages.

I guess this is one of the downsides of a loot system... too many players start to treat it as a job rather than a game.

Archived