My Suggestions and Feedback

Stimpz

I think a lot about the Forge... I even dream about it.

It's about time to share some of my impressions and thoughts of it.

These are only my opionions about it and I hope you maybe share some of them.

The Forge is really well made. In a time, where every little extra in a game, costs money, it is wonderfull to see something like this. So much content (new skins, new emotes, an enterly new gameplay, lots of clothes, etc.) and everything for free! The idea, that you can buy the gladiatorskins to support them, is a wise and gamerfriendly method to support Klei for there future events and don't split the communitiy in DLC and non-DLC players. I hope they continue with this path and even add a bit more to the shop (e.g. Belongings). The prices are also completly acceptable. I don't feel anykind of frustation because i'm unable to get any skins via chests or spools, wich is also very nice made.

The gameplay feels mostly good. Sometimes it's very annoying that you walk and hit with the same mousclick, which can ruin a run because the runner accidentally walks to the target instead of shooting it (Wes). Even as a Tank, when there are 6 targets on the same spot and you depressedly try to hit the one target, which everyone is shooting at, but you end up walking in strange little circles or hit the wrong target. (I almoust can hear them laught and call me a noob). But this is something, i wish they would change a little bit, for maybe future events (like, bring in a option to deactivate the mousewalking).

I really like the class-system. As an fan of rpg, it is nice to see your beloved characters to take the rolles of tanks, healer, DDs and all. And even if you can beat the Forge with every character, it is a little sad to see, that some of the characters are not likely to get picked in random lobbys.

("don't play Webber! He's useless!"  "oh god not Wendy again"  "if there is no Wilson i leave!"  "Woody is better then Wes! Take him you fu@&!g noob!"  "What? 2 Willows? BB i'm out")

I, for myself, love to play Webber. Not because he has the "best" gamestyle (normally, you do nothing, then stand on one point and shoot the hell out of your enemies) but more, because i always love to play him in every DS variation. But in the Forge, I almost never can play him. mostly, because I pick whats nessecery for the Group or 'cause someone else plays him.

I know, that you could play with 6 friends in a group and all, but i don't know that many people who play DST and I think that most people do neither. So, what's the point of all that? (Please notice, this is not a cry for nerfs or buffs of other characters. Webber is fine. He's a really good range DD.). The point is:

Would'nt it be cool, to pick your character and your class independent of each other? I know, a lot of people don't mind which character they'are playing, but alot of other people do.

Hui, there is already a small wall of text. I think I'm going right to the

Suggestions:

I know, you read this thousands of times, but it is importent that Klei knows how much the most people want a

- Option to Kick Players - Like you already read, I play a lot with randoms. Sometimes, it is really necessary to Kick someone from the lobby, or even from a running game. Nothing is more frustrating then someone who joints your game to grief.

-Choose character and your class independent- Want to play Wolfgang as a mage? Strange, but why not? Choose Wolfgang as your character and then mage as your class. Now he has not that much HP but has 10% reduced cooldown on staffs or something like that. It is only a example, but maybe you guys have some ideas? It could give the game more variation and personificated gameplay.

-Prestige Level- When you are already level 100+ and constantly playing with randoms, then you know, how hard the struggle can be. You only want more chests or some achievments but your motivation is going to fade more and more away. Maybe it could be a good idea to bring prestige level in the game. For example: If you reach level 100, you gain prestige level 1, a new frame for your characterportrait and the abillity to start leveling from the beginning. This could help players to get more motivation to play at all. Wouldn't you love it to gain as much chests as in the beginning? I would.

-Small class icons- Some small icons in the lobby that show, wich preferation you have. So everyone imendly sees, that you are playing woody as runner or wickerbottom as heal etc.

-Ready Button- A button for the lobby to show that you're ready. The game begins when everyone is ready. Something, that often mentioned in the forum.

I think that should be enough for now. I hope you liked some of the things you read and have some suggestions and feedback for Klei aswell. It is importent to share your thoughts.

At last, I want to thank Klei for this awesome event. I hope for more future events, (attention: this is a little suggestion too)  wich has the opportunity to become bigger and therefor, less grindy.

The fact you could choose any character you want for a team without it affecting the outcome would defeat the purpose of team raids I think.

Maybe you could try those RPG mods for the solo Don't Starve. Seems like what you could want...

And yes, Webber is severely underrated when he's really powerfull. But don't think everyone thinks he's bad.

Hello Orian

Thank you for the replie.

You're right with with your first point. That wouldn't be good. But I would like to see, that every character has there own specials without branding them to one or two rolls. I know it's not the end of the world with the way it is now. Like everything mentioned, it is only a small thought.

Thank you for the mod recommendation. It's cool but i like DS how it is now.

And yes! Webber is in fact really powerfull! I don't think that everyone thinks he is bad but there are a few people who does.

Please remember, this is only about some suggetions and feedback and I really don't want to cry about the characters. I only want to share my thoughts.

Like I said before, I think it is importent to share your ideas with the developers.

On 19.11.2017 at 11:45 PM, Stimpz said:

Hello Orian

Thank you for the replie.

You're right with with your first point. That wouldn't be good. But I would like to see, that every character has there own specials without branding them to one or two rolls. I know it's not the end of the world with the way it is now. Like everything mentioned, it is only a small thought.

Thank you for the mod recommendation. It's cool but i like DS how it is now.

And yes! Webber is in fact really powerfull! I don't think that everyone thinks he is bad but there are a few people who does.

Please remember, this is only about some suggetions and feedback and I really don't want to cry about the characters. I only want to share my thoughts.

Like I said before, I think it is importent to share your ideas with the developers.

Class system is old as rocks, and good as rocks. It should be as it is. You can always pick Webber in regular worlds. The Forge is completely different thing, where you need to choose your character wisely. Good forge player is flexible player, who know what he should pick to bring his team to the victory. Making characters just skins destroys game purpose, keep their traits and make them able use any item they want destryos game balance. Pick Webber when it's possible, other time, pick what your team needs, devs 100% will ot cnahge it

Archived