In-game display of Elegant forge items

JohnConnor

I wonder whether players here can provide in-game display of Elegant forge items since I have the interest to Weave them but only if they look nice in game.

Information such as in-game display, whether the summoned demon or fireball is more pretty, whether these elegant items have a chance to be achieved from Forge chest are appreciated.

These items are:

Clairvoyant Life Amulet

Feathered Grass Armor

Woven Grass Armor

Marble Plate Armor

Marble Splint Mail

Jagged Wood Armor

Silken Wood Armor

Wood Armor

The End is Nigh: Gilded Edition

Infernal Fire Staff

Feathered Wreath

Life Blossom Garland 

Barbed Helmet

image.png.a65dd62c416c458e74d489db6ca60236.png

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

woven grass armor

Why that one? That can be seen as well, both grass suit skins are in the Forge as reed tunikas. I don't remember which one is which, but Maxwell starts with one (+5% CD) and Wigfrid with the other one (+10% speed). 

i have a lot of those, i can hop in game and get screenies for you ^^ post when i'm done!

I think the items look better than their defaults (especially the End is Nigh, that is a huge improvement IMO), 

and all Forge elegant skins are available out of the forge chest, it's just rare to get them (i got barbed helmet and infernal fire staff out of one, and wove the rest)

Wickerbottom with life flower garland, end is nigh on the ground, infernal fire staff, woven grass suit on the left and life giving amulet on the right

webber with marble splint mail, barbed helmet, and hambat

eedce84434bad8dac0a7fbfce82088eb.png

e3d56f6b23b7027b265a6abe984cfc17.png

13 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Does the fire staff have unique FX?

that's what i need to know. 

Also, idk if klei reads these ones, but is there a possibility for making the new book a book skin in the future? Since it's about summoning the magma dude and themed around that, you could make it a skin for the tentacle book since that is also about summoning 'helpers'. It's more of a direct link than the lightning book being linked with the petrification tome, anyhow. just some food for thought.

9 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The majority of these can already be seen ingame without the need to own the skins. Everything except for the hambat, amulet and woven grass armor can be seen in the forge.

Oh, thanks for the clarification. I thought forge skins can only be used in Forge. 

9 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I don't remember which one is which, but Maxwell starts with one (+5% CD)

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Wicker also gets one too.

9 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Wigfrid with the other one (+10% speed)

That's the feathered one. I was referring to the woven one specifically. Until you made me realize it was already in the forge as well :wilson_ecstatic:

• Developer
1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

I agree, that would be nice! Maybe the devs didn't even think of it.

We did actually, but there are some technical reasons under the hood why it's not currently feasible to bring them as item skins into the main game. Bonus points if you can figure out why ;)

15 hours ago, PeterA said:

We did actually, but there are some technical reasons under the hood why it's not currently feasible to bring them as item skins into the main game. Bonus points if you can figure out why ;)

Because they are stackable in the inventory and that'd be kinda awkward with skinned and non-Skinned versions of the fences since they are still essentially the same item?

(I'd still absolutely love to see those fences ingame. Maybe they can be a second tier of fences that has a different recipe and maybe can take more hits instead of a skin to prevent the issue?)

Edit from Peter: 5 bonus points to Daniel86268!

20 minutes ago, Daniel86268 said:

Because they are stackable in the inventory and that'd be kinda awkward with skinned and non-Skinned versions of the fences since they are still essentially the same item?

(I'd still absolutely love to see those fences ingame. Maybe they can be a second tier of fences that has a different recipe and maybe can take more hits instead of a skin to prevent the issue?)

Great idea Imo ^^

38 minutes ago, Parkinson said:

That would make tooth traps useless a bit, but being able to consistently deal damage with a fence is pretty nice   :p

Why useless? Mobs usually only attack walls if they're trapped, so it's a nice defense while not being too powerfull.

48 minutes ago, orian34 said:

Why useless? Mobs usually only attack walls if they're trapped, so it's a nice defense while not being too powerfull.

Nice, didn't think about that.

Also, could be used as a great defense for your base by putting tooth traps infront of the fences, since aggressive mobs attack fences when nothing else is near, they'll just get into the tooth traps themselves and die.

Archived