I cannot start a game, because I cannot make the save folder writeable.

I cannot start a game, because I cannot make the save folder writeable. It shows me this screen:781a7e69375f0b6356a83347bbe04ab6.thumb.png.80005b6d67945336d1915e7ab8a00c17.png

I cannot make the folder writeable I've tried for hours to make it work, creating shortcuts etc but i just cannot seem to make it do. Is there a way to change the location of the folder ? in windows 10 you literatly cannot make it writeable.

2 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

Is your login administrator on your box?  Also, try flipping the switch to launch program as administrator.  Not sure what's going on, but it sounds like that would fix it.

The first thing i tried was that. I dont know its so stupid, Don`t Starve works just fine and its in the same folder. I dont know why though.. I tried that method where i just create a text file with .sav , what name do i have to give it or it just doesnt matter, cuz if it doesnt matter im completely stuck.....

Try asking the support of your antivirus incase you allow it wrong. Cuz that's the only reason this would happen unless your documents folder is being synchronized to dropbox or something.

You don't even need to run it as admin to access the documents folder, that's your personal folder and you have all the permissions to it. 

Unless your HDD is dying and ONI is trying to write to a bad part of your HDD...

That's pretty much all the reasons I could think of why this would be happening to a normal user. (There's more ways for advanced users but if you're an advanced user you wouldn't be here in the first place)

It could be anything from an obscure setting to a program that only runs on your main user.... not sure if it's worth the trouble to figure it out after what you went through already...

Maybe time to just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and maybe one day figure it out.

2 hours ago, AlexRou said:

It could be anything from an obscure setting to a program that only runs on your main user.... not sure if it's worth the trouble to figure it out after what you went through already...

Maybe time to just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and maybe one day figure it out.

It was my antivirus, for some reason bitdefender will still block apps from accesing files even tho i whitelisted it from anything , they classify it as safe files and its dumb cuz in the same sections you have the safe folders ( the ones with passwords and stuff), i dont know why this happens though it should be at on-access

6 hours ago, Andrei399 said:

It was my antivirus, for some reason bitdefender will still block apps from accesing files even tho i whitelisted it from anything , they classify it as safe files and its dumb cuz in the same sections you have the safe folders ( the ones with passwords and stuff), i dont know why this happens though it should be at on-access

I don't think I've seen a antivirus block access on one user but not another. First time for everything I guess lol. Glad you figured it out, have fun.

Archived