Playstation 4 delicated private server :(

The thing is that PC is Klei's main development platform, so all the new stuff will always first show up on PC. Furthermore steam and steamcmd makes it really easy for Klei and users to set up and maintain the dedicated servers.

That said, I agree that there should be some sort of dedicated servers for Ps4 players as well. Maybe as download from the website to host from a private server or as rentable option, although the rentable options would prob be in the hands of game server companies as soon as the dedicted server software would be released.

(I'm a PC player, but I think dedicated servers are such a central part of the entire DST environment and playing together (independantly), that all platforms should have access to it.)

On 11/14/2017 at 1:04 AM, Daniel86268 said:

The thing is that PC is Klei's main development platform, so all the new stuff will always first show up on PC. Furthermore steam and steamcmd makes it really easy for Klei and users to set up and maintain the dedicated servers.

That said, I agree that there should be some sort of dedicated servers for Ps4 players as well. Maybe as download from the website to host from a private server or as rentable option, although the rentable options would prob be in the hands of game server companies as soon as the dedicted server software would be released.

(I'm a PC player, but I think dedicated servers are such a central part of the entire DST environment and playing together (independantly), that all platforms should have access to it.)

Yes that’s what im thinking of the developers never pay attention to other platforms there are so many stuff we are missing on ps4 like forge, less skin, delicated server :( i wish they would let us rent delicated servers at least. 

4 hours ago, diego_arabian said:

Yes that’s what im thinking of the developers never pay attention to other platforms there are so many stuff we are missing on ps4 like forge, less skin, delicated server :( i wish they would let us rent delicated servers at least. 

What I mean is that it's only natural and normal that all other platforms than the main development platform is a bit behind. I just mean thtat the dedicated servers should be ported over as well, or even get cross compatible.

If Sony agrees to that, which they prob don't. This might also be the reason, why there still aren't dedicated servers on console, because Sony doesn't accept any 3rd party content to connect to Ps4s. Prob to keep all consoles equal Klei only develops dedicated servers on PC. Just a thought.

If Klei add dedicated server tools for Playstation 4 or xbox, we will certainly start offering rented hosting solutions at citadelservers but it's unlikely due to sony\microsoft requiring licences for such hosting. Microsoft has been developing a cross-playform solution however for the last two years but it's constantly delayed. 

23 minutes ago, CitadelServers said:

If Klei add dedicated server tools for Playstation 4 or xbox, we will certainly start offering rented hosting solutions at citadelservers but it's unlikely due to sony\microsoft requiring licences for such hosting. Microsoft has been developing a cross-playform solution however for the last two years but it's constantly delayed. 

Ah, thanks for the explanation. I didn't even think of other barriers like that set up by Micro$oft and $ony. Let's hope they will drop those licenses.

Archived