Skins from DST in DS

Well met Starver's!

Mod Concept: A Structure (Closet) or menu feature that would allow Don't Starve players to access their Don't Starve Together skins. Either this doesn't exist yet or it does and I have missed it along my trawling through the forums and the workshop, but I think it could potentially be a welcome addition to the game.

The Long and Short: I firmly believe that this should defaultly be in the game. It is undistruptive to gameplay and I feel as though this allows the circumvention of the feeling of disconnect between Don't Starve characters and Don't Starve Together characters. There are two different methods of implementation that I could see for this. There is the approach that all skins accessible in DST are available within this structure by default. This would mean that the exclusivity element that is currently associated with the skins in DST would not carry over to DS.  This generally favors the players more as it allows for freedom in choice of skins. Obviously.

Then there is the other option, which links the skins to the skins in your steam inventory. This maintains the current market that exists for the DST skins but I would really only go for this if I was told that going for the first option would be (for some reason) ill advised by Klei.

What I want from this post: Before I get started on the implementation, there are a few things I need to know, or rather would like to know in order to ensure that my work is not pointless.

Number one is that this hasn't already been done. Because if it has, well, yeah it would be pointless to retread.

Number two is that this hasn't already been announced to be in the works at Klei. This seems like such a given as a concept that I feel its possible that it might already be there.

And lastly, it would be nice to know if anyone has attempted this already and had run across any roadblocks that would potentially stop me dead in my tracks later along the line.

Archived