The Forge is Now Live on Steam!

JoeW

1 hour ago, MrKoopa said:

I heard that you get something for owning all of the gladiator skins. Is it true and if it is what kind of stuff is it? Pictures would be nice.

You get a shakefist emote for owning a full set of one character! You just have to type /shakefist in the ingame chat.

I got a log armor reskin! I'm glad I got that as an elegant, rather than a head, because I was going to buy the full gladiator set anyway (I did, and it was beautiful). And I broke all of the duplicates from my 13 chests down and bought some emotes with the spools. NOW I CAN DO THE ROBOT AND FLEX MY MUSCLES IN GAME! SOUNDS JUST LIKE MY REAL LIFE!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Silentdarkness1 said:

Should players who have difficulty with the combat in Don't Starve avoid the Forge? I suspect the answer is very much a yes, but I want to ask around.

Not really. You can be a fully effective Tank, Ranged Physical dps or even Ranged Magic dps with very little skill involved. Of course you still benefit from being good at combat but it's not necessary at all. 
You should most likely stay away from runner roles though  as these are very important and do require skill

15 minutes ago, Mario384 said:

Kudos to the devs for making this event, really happy to see combat get a little shaken up for once!  Now, just got to wait for a PVP event to come some day...

Proper hunger games would be legit.

• Like 3

• Developer
1 hour ago, Karmattack said:

Whatever happened to the special exclusive profile background we were supposed to get for beta participation?

Coming soon. I've been distracted, sorry.

1 minute ago, Martzell75 said:

I'm playing dont starve together, a normal game and I do not get any skin, has the drop system changed?

You still get drops in the main game, all the commons have been replaced by forge chests, higher rarities include Hallowed Nights items. Also playing The Forge gets you more forge chests.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, hello, I have a complaint..? Or more like an issue of some sorts, I'm currently trying to play The Forge and it seems like a'lot of other people can but theres still some, like myself, who can't seem to get in it..? The game never updated or gave me notifications of it needing to update, and now I'm struggling to figure it out. Is it due to the fact I am playing on a Mac..? I log in to see that there's no new Forge update screen and it opens up only to the Halloween event, but other than that, I can't seem to find any properties or files that could lead me to playing the update. It worked in Beta but now it seems like it isn't there at all for me and a few other people. Is there something I need to download..? 

Edited by Chaotic_Riddle

• Developer
20 minutes ago, Chaotic_Riddle said:

Yes, hello, I have a complaint..? Or more like an issue of some sorts, I'm currently trying to play The Forge and it seems like a'lot of other people can but theres still some, like myself, who can't seem to get in it..? The game never updated or gave me notifications of it needing to update, and now I'm struggling to figure it out. Is it due to the fact I am playing on a Mac..? I log in to see that there's no new Forge update screen and it opens up only to the Halloween event, but other than that, I can't seem to find any properties or files that could lead me to playing the update. It worked in Beta but now it seems like it isn't there at all for me and a few other people. Is there something I need to download..? 

Have you tried restarting Steam and/or your PC? I've heard this helps

• Like 1